A little trip to Scotland

Peaklander

Very, very nice !

There is more to 4WD's than getting on unpaved roads ! Love to see a pop up roof in action and being used.

Some places look familiar...

afbeelding.png.787341e3d99496e2fadf1d91c0739788.png

Did a few years ago a short trip on the west coast of Scotland while visiting friends - all the way to the North....  Good trip, worked a few gun dogs and did some rather serious off roading on private estates... The night heaters are very, very useful...

Please keep them coming.

Great pics, it must be amazing to camp out with no light pollution. HBRO had a trial with camping West of Reading, the valley it was in ran North/South and was deep enough to block all the light pollution then.

I can't believe people who like the outdoors enough to camp out but not enough to remove their rubbish! With the current situation it really shows those who care and those who don't give a ****! We have a nurse friend who has announced that she is unfriending all her Facebook contacts who are actively promoting for people to NOT wear a mask!

4 hours ago, missingsid said:

I can't believe people who like the outdoors enough to camp out but not enough to remove their rubbish! With the current situation it really shows those who care and those who don't give a ****! We have a nurse friend who has announced that she is unfriending all her Facebook contacts who are actively promoting for people to NOT wear a mask!

I don't normally like to generalise, but sadly I think it has a lot to do with the whole 'van life' types.... people who aren't normally outdoors types so just don't respect where they stop. Also probably made worse by those who have stayed in the UK rather than travel through the pandemic.

I can’t work out who they are. That first pile was at the overnight stop in the first pic. On the otherside of the road is a big burn and it was between the road and water.

That was an amazing place with no light and as there was no moon I got a stiff neck gazing up. Virtually no traffic either after dark.

On Kintyre, people had made fires on small areas of turf instead of a few steps away in the pebble beach. They don’t remove the turf and replace after as a good Boy Scout would do. 

Nice pictures. A few of us did the NC500 at the start of October and we cleared other peoples rubbish away from every 'wild camp' place we stayed at. I really don't get it, If you had space to take it there you have space to take it away.

It was amazing though

926891039_Wildcampday2.thumb.jpg.52ed5099ef9a696a84dc5af989a98b6a.jpg1975133634_JohnOGroats.thumb.jpg.ee34b3c767f747897debb385df324084.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

One thing i did notice with Scotland was the large wheelie bins at most car parks supplied by the locals for people to deposit their rubbish as the volume of traffic in these areas is much much larger than, maybe 10-15 years ago.

Still got rubbish left 20 metres from the bin.

You can't knock such a fantastic beautiful country for trying to cater for the traveller, clean public toilets with hot water and some even had heating!

• Like 1