Parts international travel

missingsid

So I put this here as it definitely is "International".😲

I ordered a master cylinder seal kit from Bearmach in Bristol, here is the DHL travel route.

BRISTOL - UK

EAST MIDLANDS - UK

GOTHENBURG - SWEDEN Shipment arrived at incorrect facility. Sent to correct destination

COPENHAGEN - DENMARK

LEIPZIG - GERMANY

LUTON - UK

LONDON-HEATHROW - UK

With delivery courier

Four days to deliver, it could have been put in an envelope and posted to me second class!

How far has your parts gone around the world in error.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Shipping is always a gamble it seems... At least you got the parts!

We're now chasing parts because the postman couldn't read the number (or just couldn't read) or didn't bother to ring the bell or leave a note. I've had one postman ignore all mail/packages to the workshop because he deemed the building abandonned. It was an industrial storage rarely used during office hours, the guys would leave early and return late, I'd only be there in the evenings.

This latest package is apparently on the way back to the US, they didn't even wait for confirmation from us. Not looking forward to the discussion about the extra shipping costs that will no doubt occur...

Filip

Ordered a long time ago the 4 "screws" that hold the rear lens in a RRC.

€ 0,12 a piece.

Item location : Argentinia

Delivery location : Holland

Yes...... I paid € 0,48 when they arrived 4 days later.

The original LR package had also stickers of LR Australia....

Can't top the story of the seals but we have 'issues' in Ireland,... most ridiculously is the post office here don't use or recognise the post codes (known as Eircodes). This means that a letter or package with the correct Eircode (which pinpoints our house nicely on Google) can end up in Tipperary town 80kms away just because our post town doesn't appear sufficiently prominently in the address. ( From there it seems to take a couple of weeks to surface). Worse than that is the system they have known as AddressPal which offers the convenience of a UK post box and in theory it costs €3.95 to have your package forwarded. In practice the Customer number is so ridiculously long that it is seldom correctly transcribed by the vendor (and or doesn't fit in the first line),... there must be a huge pile of stuff in St. Albans that is 'lost' and little or no customer service to help retrieve it, I have lost 3 items completely in the last 12 months. Rant over....... 

3 hours ago, Blanco said:

Can't top the story of the seals but we have 'issues' in Ireland,... most ridiculously is the post office here don't use or recognise the post codes (known as Eircodes). This means that a letter or package with the correct Eircode (which pinpoints our house nicely on Google) can end up in Tipperary town 80kms away just because our post town doesn't appear sufficiently prominently in the address. ( From there it seems to take a couple of weeks to surface). Worse than that is the system they have known as AddressPal which offers the convenience of a UK post box and in theory it costs €3.95 to have your package forwarded. In practice the Customer number is so ridiculously long that it is seldom correctly transcribed by the vendor (and or doesn't fit in the first line),... there must be a huge pile of stuff in St. Albans that is 'lost' and little or no customer service to help retrieve it, I have lost 3 items completely in the last 12 months. Rant over....... 

OK this is more ridiculous, mine was an accident not ignoring the national system completely!

• Like 1

Hi Blanco.  Don’t know if its practical/available for you but I use Parcelmotel.  Saved me a fortune from the likes of Ebay when its free postage to a uk address, then €4 delivery to a Parcelmotel locker.   If you close to a Parcelmotel locker its ideal.

Paddy, thanks for that tip, I was on Boards.ie just seeing if anyone else had an issue (lots of material there!) ..... as well as Parcelmotel they mentioned parcel wizard and I discovered I am already on that system due to getting texts for deliveries from DPD, I just had never appreciated the parcel drop thing before. I'll give them a go next time and meanwhile look up Parcel motel locations. 

18 hours ago, Eightpot said:

They joked the initials stood for Drop it-Hide it-Lose it

I've heard that as "drop it, hump it and lose it" because anything that did get delivered was likely to be f.......