Bowler unveils road-legal 575hp V8 Defender

elbekko

That is a big difference.  Those are proper race car with very long suspension arms that prevent space for passengers.  In a full body vehicle, the arms are very short and the travel very limited.  That is the whole reason this entire thing is stupid.  Huge money for a crappy race car and a crappy supercar.

If you do not understand these basic concepts, that is pretty scary.

9 minutes ago, Red90 said:

That is a big difference.  Those are proper race car with very long suspension arms that prevent space for passengers.  In a full body vehicle, the arms are very short and the travel very limited.  That is the whole reason this entire thing is stupid.  Huge money for a crappy race car and a crappy supercar.

The only thing it looses out to the race car with is the added weight of The extra Seats and body at the back. The cage will also not be to the same FIA rules to make space for the rear seats. So it’s hardly ‘crappy race car’ :rolleyes:

Looking at this - to me it's irrelevantly-intriguing: I wonder how it will get type-approval/emissions-certification for sale at an EU/world-level.

Will look forward to seeing the the Euro-NCAP crash-test videos when they slam a few into concrete blocks/do the "Moose-swerve" rollover-thing and drive a similarly-heavy vehicle into its side at 30MPH.

Apart from that - how many dogs-and-logs can I fit in the back, what's the interior dB noise-level when cruising at 80MPH, and what's it rated to tow?

Edited by Tanuki

10 minutes ago, Tanuki said:

Looking at this - to me it's irrelevantly-intriguing: I wonder how it will get type-approval/emissions-certification for sale at an EU/world-level.

Will look forward to seeing the the Euro-NCAP crash-test videos when they slam a few into concrete blocks/do the "Moose-swerve" rollover-thing and drive a similarly-heavy vehicle into its side at 30MPH.

Apart from that - how many dogs-and-logs can I fit in the back, what's the interior dB noise-level when cruising at 80MPH, and what's it rated to tow?

Same way any small volume manufacturer does, with an IVA. Emissions stuff will come from the engine having already been certified for JLR.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Red90 said:

please explain how this is a crappy racecar when its already proven to be a succesful racecar?
i understand the concept pefectly well but once again it seems to have flown right over your head

• Haha 4

The rendering of the spaceframe seems to be for live axles. I don't see any mounts for wishbones etc.

So the entire live/independent suspension discussions we've had times and again doesn't seem to be called for.

I like it, as long as it comes with a manual and not too much gizmo's. A DCPU would have been perfect, if they hadn't just changed taxation on those in bhellgium...

Filip

1 hour ago, Escape said:

The rendering of the spaceframe seems to be for live axles. I don't see any mounts for wishbones etc.

So the entire live/independent suspension discussions we've had times and again doesn't seem to be called for.

I like it, as long as it comes with a manual and not too much gizmo's. A DCPU would have been perfect, if they hadn't just changed taxation on those in bhellgium...

Filip

The chassis takes front and rear RR subframes or bowlers version of them.