Jump to content

Recommended Posts

What's it for?

Could you post some more pictures of it, from the front and rear.

As said above, it looks like a Junior Timer / Junior Power Timer variant.

But there are other makes that are similar, some interchangeable, some not. 

.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s the front fog light on my Volvo one of them failed so though new bulb turns out the whole light had rotted away and pin broke off in this plug so got another light fitted it chopped of This plug just need lee one now 

2705BCFD-83CF-457D-AC98-9A28FEE7A2E1.png

B62E5C21-6EE7-48FD-8BB9-39491401E492.jpeg

AEB06ECE-2E3E-481C-9942-454B8049AFE1.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites

The connector pictured in your first post, is a Bosch Jetronic connector, similar to the connectors in their commercial Jetronic range, but made for Volvo in a custom colour (grey).

The connector, terminals and seals are available from Volvo, under the following part numbers -

Housing = 979041

Terminals = 978261 (0.5 - 1.0mm²)

Seals = 970772

The terminals and seals are standard TE (AMP) Junior Power Timer 2.8mm, which are available from many sources, including me :D

.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PaulMc said:

The connector pictured in your first post, is a Bosch Jetronic connector, similar to the connectors in their commercial Jetronic range, but made for Volvo in a custom colour (grey).

The connector, terminals and seals are available from Volvo, under the following part numbers -

Housing = 979041

Terminals = 978261 (0.5 - 1.0mm²)

Seals = 970772

The terminals and seals are standard TE (AMP) Junior Power Timer 2.8mm, which are available from many sources, including me :D

.

They same as what’s on the v8 injectors? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Green200tdi said:

They same as what’s on the v8 injectors? 

 

The 'Thor' V8 (D2 and late RR P38) uses similar Bosch Jetronic connectors (with detail differences and different keyways)

The V8 injector connectors are YPC114900 (BMW 12521427615), and look like this -

MEK100061%20Connector.png?itok=ITLPqnwO

 

The Volvo connector looks like this -

1052953.jpg

 

Aside from the differences in the body styles (position of boot retainer, bottom of connector and the height of the release clip), they are essentially the same connector.

The only thing stopping you using V8 connectors on your fog lamps, is the keying along the top of the connector.

The injector connector is Code I

The Volvo connector is Code II

If you trimmed-off the keyway lugs on your fog lamp's male connector, the injector connector should connect to it.

.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, PaulMc said:

 

The 'Thor' V8 (D2 and late RR P38) uses similar Bosch Jetronic connectors (with detail differences and different keyways)

The V8 injector connectors are YPC114900 (BMW 12521427615), and look like this -

MEK100061%20Connector.png?itok=ITLPqnwO

 

The Volvo connector looks like this -

1052953.jpg

 

Aside from the differences in the body styles (position of boot retainer, bottom of connector and the height of the release clip), they are essentially the same connector.

The only thing stopping you using V8 connectors on your fog lamps, is the keying along the top of the connector.

The injector connector is Code I

The Volvo connector is Code II

If you trimmed-off the keyway lugs on your fog lamp's male connector, the injector connector should connect to it.

.

 

 

Yes that’s the one the GREY one two cut outs in it 

how much are they? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Green200tdi said:

Yes that’s the one the GREY one two cut outs in it 

how much are they? 

 

I don't sell the connector housing, but looking on the web, I found this German site that's listing them for just over 4 Euros -

https://www.skandix.de/en/spare-parts/accessories/din-assembly-parts/plugs/plug-housing-blade-terminal-sleeve-for-fog-light/1052953/

 

So, I would expect a similar (equivalent) price from a UK Volvo dealer or specialist.

I can supply terminals and wire seals, if you need them.

.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well all is well now, cut of original plug managed to remove old pin clean it up all working from a battery in the garage but now found out no power at pink or black wires so guess broken wire somewhere as n/s front fog light is working 🤔

may just run a wire from the other light. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience. By using our website you agree to our Cookie Policy