Programming a Freelander 2 key fob

johnbailes

I've seen lots on here about programming Freelander 1 key fobs but I can't find anything about Freelander 2 key fobs.  I've replaced the battery in my spare F2 key fob but it still doesn't work.  What's the easiest and/or cheapest way to get it to connect with my car. please?

the irony here is that my spare key fob that only worked with a knock, i stripped it, and I found the same dry joint. I recon these were pre cut too short and didnt get a good hold.

I never fancied it before as i seen the mess made by opening them. however when thinking about it - I squeezed mine in a vice to break the seal and it came apart quite well.

so i am all up and working again thanks :blush:.

I ordered a new shell off amazon but it came clicked shut and i cant get it open and actually broke the key retaining tab in trying to do so.

the main one is now tired and the idea was to swap it out but might just super glue this one back and be done.

• 4 weeks later...

I've owned my Freelander 2 2007 since 2014. I have 2 keys and have replaced the batteries twice and replaced both the cases. There are some pretty accurate guides on you tube. Just some basic soldering to replace the battery (2 connection points). The ebay cases are inexpensive and look like the new keys. Well worth doing.