200tdi engine mods

Hi guys, 

After some info from anyone with any tuning knowledge, ive been playing about with my 200tdi and am looking for more power without swapping the engine. So far I have done the usual full width intercooler shortened the waste gate actuator turned up the fuel pump spun the starwheel and moved the boost pin.  With diesels im aware to get more power I need more fuel and more boost, the boost I know has a limit and I haven't got to that get with my stock disco 200tdi turbo.

regarding fuel from what I know too much fuel and my egts will be too high when the engine is under load. I am considering modifying my intake and spraying water meth inside the intake to lower the combustion temp, so now the question is can I do this and keep turning up the fuel until I see high egts and gain more power or will this not work?

If I could have some advice, and any other tips on tuning a disco 200tdi are welcome.

Cheers Ben

I don’t know much about tuning, but from what I have understood, the gas flowed heads have a surprising influence (Turner Engineering do it), a VNT turbo charger will give improved response over a wider rpm range, and then there are the boost pins and rings for the injection pump which I have heard conflicting arguments over.

It would seem to make sense that having twin air filters would improve air delivery to the turbo, and for a lot of tuning, the exhaust would warrant consideration.  You might also need to replace the diaphragm lift pump with a higher flow electric pump.

Be careful not to go too far with it or you’ll be shortening the life of the engine or transmission.