25th ladoga trophy

Jimmymad99

It's certainly international, but could be put in 'Getting out and about' or even 'Compertng' as well. I'm sure most will find it here. 😉

I for one like to see that there is interest, can only help met get (and stay) motivated.

Filip

I need to look at the current regs, but in 2010 and 2011 we did Grand Tourism, which is more greenlaning than competition and suitable for any standard Land Rover. If you want and the vehicle is up to it, there are plenty of optional harder sections as well. I'd probably do that again. I'll have a chat with some mates later today and see if I can get anyone crazy enough to get into a car with me for 2 weeks. 🙂 Or maybe someone on here would be happy as a navigator/codriver?

Filip

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Escape said:

I need to look at the current regs, but in 2010 and 2011 we did Grand Tourism, which is more greenlaning than competition and suitable for any standard Land Rover. If you want and the vehicle is up to it, there are plenty of optional harder sections as well. I'd probably do that again. I'll have a chat with some mates later today and see if I can get anyone crazy enough to get into a car with me for 2 weeks. 🙂 Or maybe someone on here would be happy as a navigator/codriver?

Filip

Would love to do that , drop me a line with your thoughts 

Well if people can goad Ross into finishing his truck for the 2022 event I might be able to join @Retroanaconda on the support team... sure I could offer a spare seat to @miketomcat with a little light arm-twisting :ph34r:

Only snag with Ross's truck is if you don't do the Tourist classes it would end up in the TR3/TR4 categories with the big boys and that could be painful.

And yes, the car is not guaranteed to come home and certainly not in the same shape it left in although Tourism should be pretty safe.

@Ozzy50 - be careful, you'll either have the worst ~9 days of your life or you'll get addicted and have to go back...

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, FridgeFreezer said:

Well if people can goad Ross into finishing his truck for the 2022 event I might be able to join @Retroanaconda on the support team... sure I could offer a spare seat to @miketomcat with a little light arm-twisting :ph34r:

Only snag with Ross's truck is if you don't do the Tourist classes it would end up in the TR3/TR4 categories with the big boys and that could be painful.

And yes, the car is not guaranteed to come home and certainly not in the same shape it left in although Tourism should be pretty safe.

@Ozzy50 - be careful, you'll either have the worst ~9 days of your life or you'll get addicted and have to go back...

Don’t worry fridge , I have been racing and spannering  stockcars all my life and although this is a big step up from a weekend in Skegness it’s deffo something I need to do. I took my first trip out of the UK in over a decade last year to watch a round of the European hill climb championship in Germany and my appetite is now severely wetted for more adventure ,in fact I really didn’t want to come home . a (very) long weekend in Bad Leibenstein is nowhere near the same level obviously.

Been wanting to go since reading about the exploits of the HOFS so it’s partly your fault !!

See, this is how accidents happen - it's a damn good job we can't all meet up for a pint or it could all end up covered in EP90 in a Russian forest :lol:

I only nipped up to the lab in 2006 to help some bloke with "a bit of wiring" and you saw how that turned out :ph34r:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, FridgeFreezer said:

See, this is how accidents happen - it's a damn good job we can't all meet up for a pint or it could all end up covered in EP90 in a Russian forest :lol:

I only nipped up to the lab in 2006 to help some bloke with "a bit of wiring" and you saw how that turned out :ph34r:

And I only went to the lab do some glass work.... Mind it took you lot 2 years before I got corrupted and went in 09. The tourist class I did certainly wasn't greenlaning as it was the tr1 route while tr1 was still running but without the time limit and only unofficially timed but of course those unofficial times were what gave you your position in the class........ We did a fair amount of damage to 45 so I would do it in a vehicle you don't mind rebuilding or replacing when you get home.

Mike

On 11/26/2020 at 2:51 PM, Jimmymad99 said:

I know there is alot of vets of the event on hear just wandered if any one is thinking of going in 2021 they have added alot more classes  some more that are in spirt of the event instead of completing 

All depends on the border being open as well 

Could you explain a bit about the class you are entering? Adventure TR2 you mentioned in our facebook chat. What regulations does your car need to comply to? We competed in TR2 in 2009, which was at the time 36" tyres max, modified production cars.

We had a great time doing the event and had a decent result also. I must admit, contrary to what was said above, I have no intention of going there again. These events really take over your normal life, which I cannot have anymore.

It was double income, no kids back then, it is single income 2 kids now!

That said, if you haven't done it, my advice is do it, you won't regret the experience.

TR2 pictures (all involving a winch cable!):

gallery_336_1371_120193.jpggallery_336_1371_60098.jpggallery_336_1371_101235.jpg

Daan

• Like 3