Interesting, because I thought about pegging them. I asked crown-diffs about it when I ordered them and he said those carriers would do 300hp okay and I was running the 3.5 RV8. That will really make them tough :)

The beast is on so many trucks. Mirror is on a John Deere gator down the road. Big yellow tow hook is on a Mitsubishi 4x4 a bit further down the road. It lives on :D

12 hours ago, Team Idris said:

Interesting, because I thought about pegging them. I asked crown-diffs about it when I ordered them and he said those carriers would do 300hp okay and I was running the 3.5 RV8. That will really make them tough :)

The beast is on so many trucks. Mirror is on a John Deere gator down the road. Big yellow tow hook is on a Mitsubishi 4x4 a bit further down the road. It lives on :D

I have had them chip the crown abd pinion  thats why I'm doing them  

• Like 1

You don’t have to worry about carrier flex if the crown wheel is restrained. It has to be a way better place to shove a shock load than out through the ring of bolts and the roller bearings. 

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, landroversforever said:

What are the dates for Ladoga this year? I can't remember when it falls in the year.

5-13 JUNE 

just hopping we can travel by then that's the big if at the moment 

12 hours ago, Jimmymad99 said:

5-13 JUNE 

just hopping we can travel by then that's the big if at the moment 

I would say "not a chance", but you never know...

I fear Ben is right... Certainly little chance of being allowed to travel (and to Mother Russia of all places) without having to go through quarantine  afterwards. Though that might actually be a good thing, time to recharge the batteries and stay away from cars for a week or so.

I must admit not much progress has been made on my P38. 😞 But I am slowly working my way through all the other projects.

Filip