Headliner Recovering TD5 Disco 2

DiscoHere

• DiscoHere changed the title to Headliner Recovering TD5 Disco 2

I have bitten the bullet and ordered the gear from Martrim which seems to be the go to supplier, I haven't actually started it yet because I am behind on some other stuff, there are one or two vids on ootoob which give a pretty good idea of what is involved. I conclude it is easier with help ( the grand children are still trying to get here) but if you are careful and methodical it is quite manageable. Martrim won't send the glue over here (or not at a sensible price),... can't remember where I got mine but I'll look it up if you're struggling.

Are you sure you want to cost & effort of doing so?  I'm really happy with mine being stripped back to the "bare board" (using a pressure washer), left to dry, then stained black... but you could use any colour you like.  Now there is nothing to sag, it looks uniform and tidy, and was dead easy.

Did mine over the first lock down using Martrim stuff. Need to take your time and be methodical removing and storing stuff. I used freezer bags to put loose bits in. Follow the instructions in RAVE and also take the oportunity to check sunroof drains etc and give the plastic parts a good clean.

Try and get someone to help with the application of the new material.

Griff

On 11/27/2020 at 3:55 PM, SPendrey said:

Are you sure you want to cost & effort of doing so?  I'm really happy with mine being stripped back to the "bare board" (using a pressure washer), left to dry, then stained black... but you could use any colour you like.  Now there is nothing to sag, it looks uniform and tidy, and was dead easy.

Do you have a photo of that please?

I am curious to see the look of it. My D2 has started to sag and my P38's liner was removed by the PO so I have those to look forward to.

On 11/29/2020 at 5:36 AM, JohnnoK said:

Do you have a photo of that please?

I am curious to see the look of it. My D2 has started to sag and my P38's liner was removed by the PO so I have those to look forward to.

I took some photos, but it is pretty hard to make out any detail due to the dark colour and low light.  However, I'll post them here anyway.  Bear in mind, this is about 4 years old, so is a little grubby now!

There are a couple "far away" shots, and one close up to show you the finish.

20201130_151424511_iOS (2).jpg

20201130_151512744_iOS (2).jpg

20201130_151357893_iOS (2).jpg

Edited by SPendrey
Changed to JPEGs.
  • Like 1

On 12/1/2020 at 8:57 AM, SPendrey said:

I took some photos, but it is pretty hard to make out any detail due to the dark colour and low light.  However, I'll post them here anyway.  Bear in mind, this is about 4 years old, so is a little grubby now!........

Looks very decent I'd say...... what did you use when it was 'stained' black? Looks better than paint......