Hi all , put this here as it applies to series as well as defenders . I've got the larger sized mirrors fitted to the 110 and they're not very good , they fall forward in the wind and the drivers side one gets slightly floppy after time , they're also heated . I read a thread on here recently that the heated Spafax unbreakable ones are very good but at £125 a pair I thought I'd check they where any good before buying . Any info greatly appreciated .

cheers Ian 

• Like 1

Just fitted them to mine last week and can't fault them.

I bought the VM3's which are slightly smaller than the defender large mirror, but they're convex so you get a better field of view.

I bought mine from Ebay as they were cheaper than anywhere else;

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SPAFAX-VM3-Universal-Van-Lorry-Bus-Tractor-Unbreakable-Mirror-NEW-205x150-mm/252975101950?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Just over £50 for 2 and the VM6 KIT's came from these guys on Ebay too, cheapest i could find

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Adapter-Kit-for-Spafax-Unbreakable-Mirrors/333505808334?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Send them a message before you order and they'll sort out the postage, i paid £25 for 2 brackets posted from Ireland, took 4 days to get here. ( don't foget you need 2 kits ;)  )

£75 all in and worth every penny.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Badger110 said:

Changed it, cheers :D

Yes you need the kits to fit to the ball on your mirror arms 👍

Don't suppose you have any photos of them fitted? I'm Interested in a set but only found the £125 ones when looking, much more interested without that 1 at the front.

As I've said before, I think i paid eighty something for the pair of heated mirrors and £20 for the fitting kit direct from Spafax.

£125 will be from a heavily marked up reseller on ebay.

Mo

• Like 1

I’ve done some digging and they’re from bearmach, the chap who sells the £125 ones only sells Land Rover parts, so I would imagine that they come with the fitting kit . 
 How long ago did you buy them from Spafax direct @Mo Murphy ? I’ve looked on there website and there’s no option to buy from them directly.

Ian,

You just fill in their enquiry box and ask for a price. The chap there, Andrew IIRC, answers quite promptly.  He told me that they are in the process of building a Defender page for their website but that Covid had made things grind to a halt.

HTH

Mo

• Like 1

The convex lensed mirrors are superb and give a really good wide view, you just need to learn that things are closer than they appear in the mirror.

The heated elements clear them very quickly.

Mo

• Like 1

I have just fitted one. Bought from eBay and paid £64.45 That's the mirror with the clamp and cover. I too looked on the Spafax website (having seen Mo's advice on here) but couldn't see a way to buy so went elsewhere. I didn't wait for long as I needed it sorted. 

I had previously used Mudstuff's XL but it cracked in the plastic, just above the clamp and I couldn't repair it. The Spafax one is back down at normal size but it seems to be very very secure.

15B0DAF3-E0AA-4CDE-BC42-B27F08D6FC6B.thumb.jpeg.5bd98906a1d7b9022f8f43956af38209.jpeg

• Like 1

A note from my own experience, the top gap covers clip into place quite securely and are fine on the road.

If you drag your mirrors through hedges greenlaning however, pop a cable tie over them or a dab of tiger seal under to secure them or they'll disappear! 

Mo

• Like 2
On 11/29/2020 at 8:55 PM, FridgeFreezer said:

I paid £25 each from Spafax for mine, who the hell's charging £125 for them? :blink:

I'm not looking forward to seeing what the direct-from-Spafax price is. Can it really be £25?

The seller on eBay is the same one that I used for my single mirror purchase. I seem to buy a lot of parts from there and that's after cross-checking with other eBay and non-eBay prices. I'd be surprised if what I paid is way out but the evidence from @FridgeFreezer is just that.

By the way I have just used the jaguarlandroverclassic website and it is offering 15% off for extended BackFriday until midnight tonight. The prices are very competitive.

To be fair I bought mine quite a few years ago now, and actually had a long chat with their chap suggesting they sell to/through some of the LR suppliers so it's potentially my fault they're now out there with a big markup :ph34r: