AMR 4974 issues no sound.

andy2986

Hi all. 
I’m wondering if anyone can help me. 
I am getting very close to finishing my disco rebuild project. Am having a few ‘mopping up’ problems. 
The whole alarm/central locking/immobiliser system has had me going for a while now. Ive had the green box and two remotes rebuilt (re-synced?) and is now working as it should but now the sounder isn’t working correctly. If I activate the alarm you can hear the sounder trying to work but very very quietly !

ive bought another from eBay but it is rubbish and makes no sound at all.
so, is there a way of fitting a different alarm sounder ? The original is proving tricky to replace now. 

or if anyone has a working alarm sounder they want to sell ?

oh it’s on a 97 300tdi discovery 

cheers

andy 

On 12/1/2020 at 5:17 PM, andy2986 said:

Hi all. 
I’m wondering if anyone can help me. 
I am getting very close to finishing my disco rebuild project. Am having a few ‘mopping up’ problems. 
The whole alarm/central locking/immobiliser system has had me going for a while now. Ive had the green box and two remotes rebuilt (re-synced?) and is now working as it should but now the sounder isn’t working correctly. If I activate the alarm you can hear the sounder trying to work but very very quietly !

ive bought another from eBay but it is rubbish and makes no sound at all.
so, is there a way of fitting a different alarm sounder ? The original is proving tricky to replace now. 

or if anyone has a working alarm sounder they want to sell ?

oh it’s on a 97 300tdi discovery 

cheers

andy 

Yes you can using a standard 12v alarm horn sounder (ebay for less than £10) :

There are four wires to the existing sounder unfortunately they are all black so with you multimeter u need to identify the permanent horn supply F1 thats used and the negative return thats control by the security ecu in an alarm condition - not the BBUS battery charging supply F5 which will redundant

In the electrical copy of Rave for the D1 you will see (copy below) of the wiring for the existing BBUS sounder or with a stand-alone sounder via a relay depending on the loading of the sounder u choose.

All very straight forward

5AD60FD9-E773-46EB-A075-A718C348E0D0.png

Edited by teabag