What steering wheel you got then?

MOMO corse on the 90 (1997)

MOMO Tuner on the 110 (2005)

both require the correct Boss to Suit (both have different Bosses too)

gigglepin do a boss that keeps the wheel in the standard place the MOMO/Raid one bring it closer to the driver.

egr4_24851999.jpg

Also a search in the tech archive retrieved this:

http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=1324

Guest diesel_jim
MOMO corse on the 90 (1997)

MOMO Tuner on the 110 (2005)

both require the correct Boss to Suit (both have different Bosses too)

gigglepin do a boss that keeps the wheel in the standard place the MOMO/Raid one bring it closer to the driver.

egr4_24851999.jpg

which wheel is the one in this picture? me likey!! :D where did you get it from? prices?

cheers! :)

IIRC mine is a Tuner, and very nice to use it is too, much less flexly than the cheapo Mountney wheels. About 30 quid from eblag, didn't wanna buy new to get covered in mud, mind you it was almost mint when bought. Got my boss from Jim at Gigglepin.

IIRC mine is a Tuner, and very nice to use it is too, much less flexly than the cheapo Mountney wheels. About 30 quid from eblag, didn't wanna buy new to get covered in mud, mind you it was almost mint when bought. Got my boss from Jim at Gigglepin.

dont suppose you could tell me how much the giglepin boss is? their website does not have any information about them unfortunately.

not sure whether to go for an aftermarket wheel or change the column to a 300tdi one and use a metro steering wheel.

not sure what's my cheapest option.

cheers

callum

• 2 weeks later...

not sure whether to go for an aftermarket wheel or change the column to a 300tdi one and use a metro steering wheel.

not sure what's my cheapest option.

Which metro ones fit without modification to the 300TDI then. I really need to go smaller 'cos I keep catching my elbow against the door in tricky situations.

That Momo does look nice though

Cheers

Fruit

• 8 months later...

Im having problems and will need a new wheel. Just been off roading today for the first time, enjoyed it.

Im 6ft 5", just put mud rails on and still having problems pushing the brake as my legs are too long for my 1990 defender 90. Looking to get a new wheel. I have the thin large one at the moment. Ideally dont want to bring the wheel any closer to me either as it feels close enough at the moment.

Not sure if a td5 wheel will make enough of a difference.

Im having problems and will need a new wheel. Just been off roading today for the first time, enjoyed it.

Im 6ft 5", just put mud rails on and still having problems pushing the brake as my legs are too long for my 1990 defender 90. Looking to get a new wheel. I have the thin large one at the moment. Ideally dont want to bring the wheel any closer to me either as it feels close enough at the moment.

Not sure if a td5 wheel will make enough of a difference.

Td5 wheel won't make any difference. The only solution is a smaller wheel. I'm 6' 5" too. and use the MUD Rails with a 380mm OMP Velocita wheel. Perfect!

Tried a 350mm MOMO wheel and found the step-down in size too drastic for me. OMP was the only larger wheel I could find (that didn't have that 'vintagage' look) in a 380mm diameter. Mine came from Demon Tweeks. Cost £120. Do an Ebay search and you can find them for £99. Boss came from Gigglepin. £50-ish.

In case anyone's intersted I still have the brand new leather 350mm Momo Tuner wheel. £90.

Td5 wheel won't make any difference. The only solution is a smaller wheel. I'm 6' 5" too. and use the MUD Rails with a 380mm OMP Velocita wheel. Perfect!

Tried a 350mm MOMO wheel and found the step-down in size too drastic for me. OMP was the only larger wheel I could find (that didn't have that 'vintagage' look) in a 380mm diameter. Mine came from Demon Tweeks. Cost £120. Do an Ebay search and you can find them for £99. Boss came from Gigglepin. £50-ish.

In case anyone's intersted I still have the brand new leather 350mm Momo Tuner wheel. £90.

Hi thanks for the info. 380mm is 15", I have an email from gigglepin and they do a 15":

The only 14" wheel we can supply for that age Defender is a 3 spoke vinyl wheel which costs £38.00 +vat and the boss is £16.40 +vat,

you can view this wheel on the www.bearmach.com , they also do a 15" wheel to suit your vehicle in leather which is a nicer feel. ( £55.00 +vat.) and same boss.

Kind Regards

Just out of curiosity what size is the thin type steering wheel on the 200tdi's. Havent measured it as its a work 60 miles away and im not in for another week ?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

After reading threads, still none the wiser as to what boss i need for my 300tdi type steering column. (thicko??)

I bought myself a Mountney but have been unable to fit it as the boss i had was wrong. It is possibly for the earlier type.

I bought a series boss but this doesnt seem to fit either.

There doesnt seem to be much info regarding this range of bosses, only the earlier and later models.

Any ideas?