Vapour 101 camper

miketomcat

If the gooseneck has any significant weight to it then I thought they were / should be designed to transfer a significant portion of the weight onto the tractor unit so that it actual gets some traction.

You'd probably find that without a second axle that there'd be too much for a single axle to take weight wise.

Personal choice of course, I've just seen a USA person enthuse over a S3 based fire engine with a rigid roof, on the basis it would make a good camper.

My reminder is that any LR with a chassis underneath will have a very high floor.

If any adult user is near to standard height, and never wishes to stand up, then there will be no problem; otherwise life will seem a little cramped.

Regards.

3 hours ago, David Sparkes said:

Personal choice of course, I've just seen a USA person enthuse over a S3 based fire engine with a rigid roof, on the basis it would make a good camper.

My reminder is that any LR with a chassis underneath will have a very high floor.

If any adult user is near to standard height, and never wishes to stand up, then there will be no problem; otherwise life will seem a little cramped.

Regards.

IMO they're not going to be much, if any, higher up than most motorhomes and conversions. But in all cases, the spaces under the floor can be used for tanks etc.

12 hours ago, FridgeFreezer said:

@Escape you don't need all that to get your Lotus to a track...

I can't bring myself to not like that, such a simple solution!
But I certainly don't want to be the one who has to drive the racer on there. Or drive the Series at anything but low gear and on the flattest and straightest road possible!

I once drove a 110 with an estimated 400kg of scaffolding on the roofrack and that was all but comfortable. For the record, the son of the boss had loaded it and then handed me the keys to drive it from the site to the warehouse, about 40km.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This Camper is available for collection in the Western Simpson Desert in Australia - has been abandoned for now so a ngood opportunity for someone.

378370225_Camper1.jpg.4a17bb26206cb08cb574444c429173f6.jpg

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-11-16/helicopter-heading-to-rescue-perth-family-in-simpson-desert/100623514

Edited by garrycol
wrong pic format
  • Like 1