Vapour 101 camper

miketomcat

This is on eblag now...

Stonefield.jpg.da7d56f841242efd0c7fe946f1e1ac41.jpg

Dana axles and small block Chevy(edit to say originally Ford V6 in this) , there was a 6x4 too . Somewhat overpriced in this case though

SantanaFC.jpg.3a7d1c4874ac649151058a7c5a602914.jpg

This is on there too...

Edited by steve b
Additional pic and text
  • Like 1

Now then......

You wanted a cheapish 4x4 camper ?

Voilá : Iveco 4x4 Daily with lift roof camper unit, low gears etc.

afbeelding.thumb.png.094a2249ef7f499f2f42b8b8ec316c70.png

afbeelding.thumb.png.c8072a3a8a25cf28d28b6bbcfbc95ead.png

Located in Holland - comes with a 2nd one for parts and has a logbook.

Obviously it needs work - hence the price. But you wanted to pay not a lot...🙂

€4.500 asking price.

No - not mine.

I can give you contact details

• Like 1

Kind of like the idea of a 130 chassis, lorry cab and a (heavily) modified fridge box. Not sure I'll get this past the wife though. 

The Volvo 6x6 looks considerably higher than a 101 and I doubt the box is much bigger than a 101 but obviously the cab is inside the 101 box were its additional on the Volvo.

I still like the idea of a 101 because externally it's quite compact and I think we could make the inside work.

Does anyone have some internal measurements hight, width, length preferably with and without the cab area.

Mike

5 minutes ago, miketomcat said:

Yeah I found that one googling she's quite cute to. :ph34r:

Mike

Indeed...
She’s the one on the Instagram link I put at the beginning.

They’ve done a nice job on it - and since that video have improved the bed at the back to one that comes down on automated struts.

It’s the height and mpg that would put me off. Plus I’d have a mental block to buying a 101 and it not being a soft top (GS?).

17 minutes ago, landroversforever said:

Just had a thought... do you follow Devon4x4 on any of the social media platforms? they're extending the body of a 101 ambi at the moment. 

I do now. That's kind of what I'm thinking though I'm not sure about lifting the roof, a lifting roof maybe.

Mike

• Like 1

Just for some inspiration Mike - I really like this idea where stuff expands out so whilst on the road it's "normal" sized.

What about a 6x6 Range Rover? There was one of the icecream ones up for sale near me for not a huge amount of money. Coupled with an expanding body like the 110 above... I've thought about this for a while on the Sandringham and if that stays as a truck cab then there's actually enough space for two without having to expand things like the 110 above.

Been there and partially done that with a 101. Got the vehicle, did the designs, stripped it out, started the work but found the thing so uncomfortable to drive that I sold it and moved onto a lovely 1ex RAF 27/130 ambulance. Followed right through with the conversion on that one and then had a fair bit of fun with it when the kids were young. Sold that on some years ago too.

Pics and thread should still be on here somewhere.

Expanding body is on the list of maybe's. 

52 minutes ago, Happyoldgit said:

Been there and partially done that with a 101. Got the vehicle, did the designs, stripped it out, started the work but found the thing so uncomfortable to drive that I sold it and moved onto a lovely 1ex RAF 27/130 ambulance. Followed right through with the conversion on that one and then had a fair bit of fun with it when the kids were young. Sold that on some years ago too.

Pics and thread should still be on here somewhere.

I what way was it uncomfortable. Was it driving position or ride/manoeuvring.

Mike

2 minutes ago, FridgeFreezer said:

Aren't airport crash tenders going to be total unicorns for spare parts etc.?

Honestly the practical answer to all this is to build the damn pikey wagon - more space, less cost, less compromise.

Yes yes mister sensible... And when have I ever been practical. Besides parts are likely to be from various sources most of which will be commercially available. It's only the pump gear that's bespoke.

Mike