X-CELLENT service

dred90

Have just purchased a set of x-lites 2 x flood and 2 x spot, unfortunately one of the wiring connectors became damaged in transit, one email to Si @ X-ENG and 24 hours later postie delivers not only a new connector, but a free x-cap aswell! I must say this level of service is unheard of these days.. If only more businesses were run like this.. Big up X-eng!! :D:D

Should anyone be interested, B&Q have those 12V halogens on offer at the moment for £1, in big yellow display bins full of stuff for £1. OK they're probably not brilliant quality, but the price is right ;)

I stocked up on 300 & 500W floodlight bulbs - two for £1 can't be bad!

Cheers for the feedback!

I always feel a bit guilty when something goes wrong or is damaged in the post. I was going to send a pair of connectors - but figured a cap would be more use to you - and if it was properly wrapped, you wouldn't need two!

The homebase lights are not too bad as it happens! The ones I send out are intended for high vibration areas like elevators - but at 99p - who can argue!

Si

It's not just the quality of the service, the product performs exceptionally well too. I have 2 pairs of the X-lites on my roof bar, the light is astonishing from such small, robust units. :D

Was trying to advise someone on lro to get himself a set and was told

"the smaller the lens/reflector the worse they are in performance wise...

thats why cibie (and other quality makes) use sod off large lens/refectors....

those shown on your link are just 12v downlight ceiling lamps in flash housing..."

I beg to differ..

And how long would a set of Cibe's with sod off large lens last on top of a roll cage :rolleyes:

I have to admit if I hadn't seen just how bloody bright "12v downlight ceiling lamps in flash housing" are myself I might not have believed it, but then if it didn't work Si wouldn't be selling them.

Was trying to advise someone on lro to get himself a set and was told

"the smaller the lens/reflector the worse they are in performance wise...

thats why cibie (and other quality makes) use sod off large lens/refectors....

those shown on your link are just 12v downlight ceiling lamps in flash housing..."

I beg to differ..

Yeh, true, But.......

Then look at PIA, and almost all there lights have small lens and reflectors....

Then look at the price........

Then phone Simon and order his :D

Jim :)

Thanks all!

It is true, they are the same bulbs as you have in your bathroom (although these are everso slightly more expensive than the 99p homebase ones as they are intended for high vibration environments like lifts).

It is also (generally) true that you can get a better focus of beam with a bigger reflector. However, for laning or off roading, you need a wide, diffused beam to illuminate everything arround you rather than the mountains in the distance - It therefore makes little difference whether the light is big or small. I'd say you are better off with a small light, less likely to get smashed!

If you do manage to smash one - hay, to fix it it's only 99p in homebase for a new bulb, reflector and glass! Lets see what Cibe or Lightforce will give you for 99p?

Si