Rear brake cylinder fittings

Bigj66

15 minutes ago, Bowie69 said:

3/16 what? 

That's the normal pipe size, of course... But not likely to be the thread size, at about 5mm.

Brake fittings were standardised to M10 in the early 80s/late 70s, otherwise they are 3/8 UNF.

These. I have M10 & 3/8 here and neither will screw into the cylinder. The 3/8 ones I have here may have the wrong tpi though.

B8C3CEDB-3508-4C0A-A52B-E8EF40184D41.thumb.png.26fe076375a2273b00eb346e68a55d07.png

4 minutes ago, Bowie69 said:

That's for 3/16 pipe, not the thread size :)

Yes and I’m assuming they are 3/8 thread but why the 3/8 I have here won’t fit is strange so I’m guessing it could be the tpi as they were not Landrover specific as these ones from Bearmach are.🤞

52 minutes ago, Bowie69 said:

Brake fittings are pretty much standard across makes, even more so once M10 came in, I don't know what you have there, but if it is an imperial fitting, it should fit.....

The cylinders are rear axle 88” up to suffix E and came from Bearmach. If these new fittings don’t screw in either then I’ll need to look closer at them.

Well it’s all sorted now. I’ve no idea what was delivered to me the first time but they weren’t a 3/8 UNF. The second lot that I ordered from Bearmach are the correct ones.

£6.25 for delivery for four small fittings is just ridiculous though. They were also delivered in an A4 sized Jiffy bag which was just wasteful and no doubt intended to justify the extortionate postage costs. The four fittings I bought only cost £2.96!

It’s one of the downsides of ordering from Bearmach.

• Like 1

I agree.  I asked about fitting sizes listed on their website.  They said they do not know.  If I can't order from the LR Part number.  I do not order it.

Since Fedhill was located in the USA it saved on shipping for me.  Plus they list all the information about their fitting and other useful info. 

Bearmach is a minimum of $25 shipping to the USA.  So I only order larger orders from them.