Centre Console - Cup Holder - Storage Thingy

Hi All,

Spent a while looking through ideas for using the space on the gearbox tunnel so that I had a place for keys, phone, doggy bags, torch and gloves etc.

Theres nothing really out there for 200TDi (LT77) unless you want to spend  a mint.

As anyone that owns a Land Rover (and maintains it themselves) and in essence a proud breed of men people in sheds and ingenuity I decided to come up with a solution! 😁

What you have here is an ebay special, carefully "crafted" to fit me needs. (I'm going to Patent this and make myself a millionaire!) 

What we have is a "Car Seat Gap Catcher Filler Storage Box" from ebay link here.

It was a massive £8.59 but you can get them cheaper.

In terms of fitting you can see I have reversed them to the suggested fitting and I used some spare neoprene foam checker plate stuff to make a square around the gearstick and difflock area and just used some repair washers and a couple of nuts and bolts to hold them in place.

It was just a mock up to start with (may make it fancier once I've fitted my wright off road matting) but currently works fine for storing all my stuff in.

My next post is going to be some fancy interior lighting that I have but it will need to wait on it getting dark for piccs. 🙂

Hope this gives someone else some ideas without costing a mint.👍

All the best.

G

IMG_20201223_134528.jpg

IMG_20201223_134539.jpg

IMG_20201223_134610.jpg

IMG_20201223_134641.jpg

• Like 2

Having just scrolled down to your other post specifically about your LED bling, I'm glad you have the option of red, as well as many other bells and whistles.  It just shows that if you are prepared to invest the money you can get all the bling you need!

Mike

• 1 month later...

Quick update and piccies after fitting my Wright Off Road matting.

I improved the mounting using some plastic as straps across the rubber gaiter and its easy to lift out and replace when I need to use the middle seat on the odd occasion.

HTH someone in the future for a really cheap storage idea.

..........I really need to find that fuse box screw.............🤔

ATB

🙂

1.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg