X-Eng Challenge

JST

X-Eng sponsored, 40-50 Punch Challenge set over two sites, vehicles must be road legal (Tax'd, Mot'd, insured).

Please note that this event will not be as 'difficult' as the Bampton site although there will be a good mix of punches (with luck) approx 1/3rd driveable, remainder winchable (the latter will also include some slightly harder punches....)

There is the potential to damage your vehicle or items on/with it, whilst competing or marshalling this risk is taken by the competitor/marhsall.

Max 20 cars, £35 per vehicle. PM or email your interest to me at greenmachine417@aol.com.

As before these events can't run without Marshalls so i would be grateful for any volunteers to marshall, ideally they will need a winch equiped vehicle.

1. Nick Walker

2. Lardy & Jase

3. Chris Bolt

4. Simon Elvins

5. Keith &Stuart

6. Shaun Houghton

7. Scott Williams

8. Bob & Bert

10. Ian Gildersleve

11. Tony Cordell

12. Martin Stainer

14. Alan Cosens

15. TJ101

17. Paul Radford

18. Graeme Mitchell

19. Pete Mitchell

20. Kris Murphy

21. Paul Wightman

Marshalls

1. Bishbosh

2. V8 Camel

3. LR90

4. Taz90

5. Mark90

Those that have already PM'd or emailed me about attending have spaces reseved, i will enter them abvove when i get them off the other PC.

Spectators are NOT permitted to drive on the site(s). However if you wish to come and spectate please let me know. No Pets allowed.

Look forward to hearing from you.

PS - Pugwash has jsut offered to do fish and chips delivered (late) to the site for £4 including a drink, if your interested PM or email me your order and i will add it to the post

James

????? and ??

As i used a rag top ??

21. CRASH HELMETS

Crash helmets are to be used if a solid roof is not fitted. The helmet must conform to the current MSA regulations listed

in the ‘blue book’ in section Q. In the event of purchasing a B.S. 6658-85 ‘A’ type helmet this will have a blue B.S. label

attached. You are recommended to consider a helmet with a fire resistant lining, the label will read B.S.6658-85 A F/R

and is red in colour. Crash helmets with a marking of Snell S A 95 are no longer covered by the MSA insurance and

must not be used in any form of motorsport.

Helmets with a green B.S. label are not acceptable for motor sport use.

Helmets should have an MSA compliance sticker affixed to the right hand side by an MSA National A or B scrutineer.

Please protect your helmet from external damage by using a helmet bag or similar, chips within the outer laminate of the

helmet may make it unsafe and unusable

Im fine with most of that , One thing worries me is the bobywork side of things Ie the wheel arches covering To an arc of 120 degrees , Are the scrutineers going to be carrying a protractor.

Im sure it will be ok though ,there are tray backs doing AWDC events all the time and thinking about it mine passed the interclub challenge scrutineering with an advisory of engine isolator switch not present.

Tim, you also have a cage fitted to the front outriggers (i believe) and it just needs a little sorting at the rear which i reckon neglates the need for helmets and is something i am going to discuss with Neil this week.

Jase,

from Neil comments on the other thread ye need not worry.

one thing i am tryng to resolve is 'if its in the tech regs it must be applied' against common sense, eg ragtop with a full roll cage yet they need to wear helmets, plus the wng triangle issue, plus the yellow earth wire and tow strop. what i will resolve is what can be at my, as event organiser, discression/risk, yet still be covered by MSA.

Tim, you also have a cage fitted to the front outriggers (i believe) and it just needs a little sorting at the rear which i reckon neglates the need for helmets and is something i am going to discuss with Neil this week.

Apparently not. My mate Diesel Dave went all the way to 7S only to be told that without a hard top or a helmet he was not competing - he should perhaps have read the rules first... He was not pleased. It got even worse when he drove down to Port Talbot in search of a pair of suitable helmets (see Tim's spec) only to find the shop (who he had spoken to by phone and explained the situation to) had closed. When he got back we managed to make an acceptable "make shift" roof for his Jeep using the mesh from the tailgate ramp of my trailer and some cable ties - IMHO jumping through hoops for the sake of jumping through them. Mark90 was then made to remove "The sticker" and I lost all respect for the AWDC scrutineering process.

Chris

QUOTE(JST @ Jan 14 2007, 07:06 PM) *

Apparently not. My mate Diesel Dave went all the way to 7S only to be told that without a hard top or a helmet he was not competing - he should perhaps have read the rules first... He was not pleased. It got even worse when he drove down to Port Talbot in search of a pair of suitable helmets (see Tim's spec) only to find the shop (who he had spoken to by phone and explained the situation to) had closed. When he got back we managed to make an acceptable "make shift" roof for his Jeep using the mesh from the tailgate ramp of my trailer and some cable ties - IMHO jumping through hoops for the sake of jumping through them. Mark90 was then made to remove "The sticker" and I lost all respect for the AWDC scrutineering process.

Chris, hence my line above 'which i reckon' and why i need to clear it with Neil this week. Other wise you have someone with a roll cage but rag top wearing a helmet so to avoid that they ratchet strap some wriggly tin on to make a roof, whats that about!!!!!

Richard - your down to Marshall, thank you

Nevridred - as Tim said 10 mins of so from M5 Jct26 Welington.

I don't post the site location on here they go out as an email to spectators and competitors who register their interest above. i try to limit the distribution of the site as i dont want everyone turning up, good for publicity but bad for control and insurance! and thats before they bring their pets and children along or start driving on the sites thinking they are there for a play day!

Hi James

can you stick me and stevo down provisionally. be a good excuse for my 40th birthday bash. Steve may not be able to read this thread for a little while, he has other thinks on his mind at the mo :ph34r: :ph34r:

What would it be thats on my mind then Mark? I have no idea what you could be on about ;) !

Any how, No provisional, we will defo' be there! We've enjoyed the past events so much I'll find a way!