A Review of 2020

Hybrid_From_Hell

.........where to start ? So hard to choose a highlight 

On a more practical level , it is good to be alive and as healthy as a high mileage old git might hope for 

I suspect we will end up lumping '21 into this award too...

Nige - I hope the penny dropped into the treasury....

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hybrid_From_Hell said:

Stephen.

Sent to me by a friend ....poked screen a few times thinking "ots been a awful year" ..then penny dropped ....😊

Nice to know I'm not the only one caught I feel slightly more intelligent now lol regards Stephen

Yeah I tapped the screen before I realized. :popcorn-and-drink-smiley-emotic The highlight for me is getting the chassis swapped on the 110. I was wondering how I could have it off the road long enough, then schools shut and the wife no longer needed the 110. The down side was I was still working and having help was limited.

Mike

On 12/29/2020 at 8:22 PM, miketomcat said:

Yeah I tapped the screen before I realized. :popcorn-and-drink-smiley-emotic The highlight for me is getting the chassis swapped on the 110. I was wondering how I could have it off the road long enough, then schools shut and the wife no longer needed the 110. The down side was I was still working and having help was limited.

Who you calling limited? :SVAgoaway:

This year has been a pretty much unmitigated s*** show for me but there's plenty got it a whole lot worse so I'm not grumbling too much.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

There has to be some good Land Rover things that happened in 2020! Let's see pictures of what everyone achieved in lockdown however big or small.

I finished the rebuild of my 90 on a galv chassis in time for the brief respite in lockdown we had in August to go campingIMG_20200821_124403.thumb.jpg.b8886debcfb4a5a5e648722fed7435b6.jpg

I convinced an MOT tester that the transit should live for another year.

I collected a new project for one of my mates to continue his Land Rover addiction

IMG_20201024_144246.thumb.jpg.f588aba98e8c206931af556d470bea25.jpg

And I bravely stripped the dash out of my old mans 2012 RR to replace a blower motor this week (yes that really was all necessary...) It is all back together but still not working so suspect the burnt out motor has blown a fuse i have not found!

IMG_20201227_170741.thumb.jpg.902c81acd6628ec63c7346ee955c467d.jpg

Here is to a better year next year

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, L19MUD said:

Here is to a better year next year

Amen to that .... that last dash pic reminds me of the heater matrix job I did on the P38 in the 1st Lockdown, seems eons ago now!

Got to get some round tuit jelly beans on the go for 2021 😁

Well to start the year I had a Mini Convertible, my CSK, my P38 and two Discovery TD5's

I have sold the Mini, a TD5 a Range Rover L322 HSE and a RR L322 TDV8 and now am ending the year with my CSK, my P38, 2 D2's, 2 D3's, 2 Range Rover Sports and a Range Rover Vogue TDV8 so all in all quite a good year. Most of them are running and Mot'd so hopefully on that note I will be able to finish some of them off and reduce my collection 

Have a great New Year everyone. 

• Like 1

My family have been lucky this year - we’ve not lost anyone, or had anyone suffer from illness, and most of us have kept our jobs.

My work seems to have pretty much permanently moved me to working from home, getting that commute time back has meant I can do things like take my little girl to school in the morning. 

The slowing down and not travelling, particularly the first lock down, reminded me of Sunday’s in the 1970’s - where nowhere was open, and families spent time at home or in the garden - or maybe a bike ride.

My daughter thrived off that family time at home - it was a pace of life I’d lost sight of and not even noticed. Slowing down was welcome.

I’ve haven’t got much Land Rover stuff done - but I have sorted my workshop, got tons done on the house (including walls out and so on).  I also helped my Mum move house - so she lives at the end of the road - all that with just my 90 and my neighbours trailer. 

So some real positives in 2020.

• Like 3

It's been a different year for me.

I was about to get the 90 serviced and back on the road for MOT when lock down occured and so it's been sorned ever since. I've done a bit of work on my Dad's land rover, but beings it's all at my parents house I have had limited opportunities and now we're back in lock down. I've done a few little bits on the racer, but that's all.

I started doing a bit of wood work, as I can do that at home, and getting out in the countryside going for more walks around where I live. That's been nice and we went camping for the first time with my daughter and she loved it!

We had just put our house on the market to find somewhere bigger with a garage and larger garden when a round of reduntancies popped up. I had been lucky to be able to work throughout all of lockdown and so we took the house off fearing the worst. Luckily I made it through!

So next year we're looking forward to moving house, going camping and hopefully get some land rovers back on the road, fingers crossed I can at least do one of those!

Steve

• Like 2

12 hours ago, landroversforever said:

I've been very lucky. Lucky enough to be found by a lovely lady too :wub:. 

Excellent news the only potential downside to that is lost time on your rebuild ( little head ruling big head ... rabbits..... you know what I mean ) enjoy it a good lady is worth her weight  in gold ( ask me how I know) pleased for you regards Stephen 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

So 2020 did not make a lot of difference to me, my garage is 20 yards from the house so I got to play however it made a big difference to my wife's life, all dog agility cancelled, shows, training days etc I guess this made me realise that the every day things we take for granted ie: freedom of movement are actually quite precious. To those of you who have been restricted chin up hopefully things will improve. I find the posts on this forum can lift your spirits there is no end of humour and seeing what members are doing is really quite inspiring it certainly gives me food for thought for the future. 2021 will be the light at the end of the tunnel really looking forward to what you're all up to take care stay safe and a happy New year regards Stephen

• Like 3

For me it's actually been a pretty good year. The lockdown pushed me to de-facto move in with my fairly new girlfriend in Sweden, which worked out well and we're now living together in Belgium. It's been a very different year, but apart from the pubs being closed and the corona rules being an ever-changing target, I wouldn't have it any other way.

• Like 2

Hey I just wanted to take a minute to wish you all a happy year!
These days people don't spend much time or thought on some personal words to their friends and family, they just copy and paste some random **** and send it on.
So, after all we've been through together this year I want to thank you for your friendship and wish you a happy 2021! It’s going to be a great year and I can’t wait to spend the Easter holidays with you. 
You are the best gymnastics group anyone could ask for.
Best wishes, Beverley x

• Haha 4