3.9 Coil on Plugs?

CharlieB

Just starting a Speeduino install on a 3.9 engine. Has anyone tried coil on plug modules on this engine. I was thinking of the Bosch /Audi ones, but I think they will probably foul each other in the centre two plug positions. I will go for the VW style packs with built in igniters otherwise, but it would have been good to get rid of the HT leads altogether as the vehicle is an offroad pickup. Are there any short stubby units available?

Regards

Charles

2 minutes ago, elbekko said:

That would be my main worry. Can't remember the application, but I've seen some that have a slightly longer cable.

LS have similar, coil on rocker, short HT lead to plug.

Good way to make an engine look cluttered, though.

As others have said, I'm not sure the benefit of this other than a more cluttered engine bay / wiring - lots of us on here running 2x 4-pot Ford coil packs with HT leads and having zero problems with water whatsoever, it's the dizzy that's the weak point not coil packs.

• 2 weeks later...