Lockdown Camper Van Build - not even slightly LR, but potentially useful bits!

2 hours ago, miketomcat said:

Or just put the drain in the middle!

Mike

As you might imagine, I did consider that!  However, for expediency I used an off the shelf (fairly nasty) plastic shower tray, which has flat spots in two corners for the plug hole.

I originally intended to make the wholecubicle out of 0.5mm 304 Stainless sheet with a folded & welded shower tray, sink etc.  I was worried though that it might look a bit 'institutional' - so I went with white plastic!  I still have it in the back of my mind to re-fit the whole thing in stainless!

I considered Fibreglass too - but my previous experience with it, a sort of rat-bonnet, said stick to what you know!

1 hour ago, Badger110 said:

Theres nowt a sponge can't solve in those situations :D

Now you're talking!  A multi DoF, motion controlled Hydraulic Sponge robot.  I like the sound of that!

Si

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, simonr said:

Now you're talking!  A multi DoF, motion controlled Hydraulic Sponge robot.  I like the sound of that!

Si

Having seen what is available in Japan, I can see something like this already existing !

10 hours ago, simonr said:

I considered Fibreglass too - but my previous experience with it, a sort of rat-bonnet, said stick to what you know!

I mean if only you knew someone who could do fibreglass. :ph34r:

To be fair I don't blame you for using off the shelf it's often far cheaper and less hassle.

Mike

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, simonr said:

Si

Are you secretly the guy from the Stuff Made Here channel on YouTube? :D

I did consider calling 'someone I know' - but it was in the middle of the first Lockdown.  Everything was closed & we couldn't go anywhere.  I thought best to limit myself to what I could buy mail order or make myself!

I'll call said person for the next one though 😉

Si

• Like 1

That 'someone I know' does a good mail order service as I found out in one of the previous lockdowns :rolleyes:. He built some test samples for an R&D project I was working on at the time.

• Like 1