2.5 td heater plugs wiring

I got a 2.5 td 90 converted to 200 tdi the heater plugs have never worked,  with this lock down nonsense I thought I would look. I assume I missing a feed one terminals bare see pic. Where does the feed meant to come from battery or starter? Any help much appreciated. 

Thanks

Andy

20210115_124251.jpg

The 200Tdi doesn't need heater plugs down to 0°C. Therefore I use a manual switch and a relais to activate them for some 10 seconds when temps are really low. They draw about 60 Amps. Makes the harness and the schematic a lot easier.

In summertimes I use the same switch for switching on the el. fan on the radiator. It will seize easily, when not used ... and that happens quite quickly on a 200Tdi

Yes that bare terminal goes live when the key goes to heat position. Problem is the brown wire with red tracer goes into the bulk head into a rubber type box from the heater plugs. I have no idea where it goes to , can't find it without dismantling my dash. Does the brown wire with the red tracer go to the heater plug nearest the bulk head? Mine goes all the way to the front nearest the radiator. I always thought that was weird. I am thinking someone ones pulled the wire all the way through, can anyone confirm this? 

Yes, on the pre Tdi engines the thick brown with red trace goes from the ignition switch to the glowplug nearest the bulkhead (cylinder 4). 

Edit: usually the glowplugs are fed by the brown/red to number 4 and then yellow/black carries the power to the rest in series. 

As above, the ignition switch terminal should be marked with a 1, on converted vehicles [like my 110] the thick brown/red is disconnected & insulated as the 200Tdi wiring is different, I removed the brown/red competely some time ago, it now powers my headlight relays direct from alternator output.

• 3 months later...

Gents - sorry to jump in on this but I'm having a very similar issue.   I have a 19J Brown / Red from cycl4 and the yellow / blck carrier etc...

When I stripped the truck (5 years ago - I know, not rushing this rebuild) the glow plugs worked like a dream, and oddly I have a small carrier wire from cyl 4 to the dash warning light.

On reassembly I now have a running truck, but, no feed on the Brown /Red at cycl. 4.  Warning lights etc. are on at ignition position 1 etc..   I can see no inline fuses / relays etc. that may have failed so I'm bemused.  Any ideas please?  Does the glow plug wire somehow pass through the master fuse board? (I've checked all the fuses and they look ok)  IS there any other fail point? 

I've yet to strip the ignition and check that.

Really appreciate any ideas as I'm now lost.....