Ferm Hydraulic Pipe bender

Badger110

One has come up down the road from me for £80, it's a 12 ton version on a stand with various die's to go with it.

When i made the side rails from the bullbar to the rock sliders, i purchased pre made angles, this type of tool seems a good idea for another project i have rather than buy pre made angles again.

Does anyone have experience of these Ferm tools?  It looks identical to a Machine Mart version after a google search, not much else i can find.

I would be looking to bend 3mm wall mild steel tube

It will do the job, however you may need to spread the centre point of the bend as the pins either side of the former have a tendency to leave a depression in the pipe due to their small diameter and therefore poor load spreading capacity regards Stephen 

• Like 1

If i understand you correctly, bend to 30 degree, move the centre point along slightly, then bend again, move along and bend again to achieve 90 degree?

With practice, i would work out the point it bends without creating a depression..it may be more than 30 degrees?

Costs nothing to look, make sure it's not leaking oil out of seals and ask for a test bend to ensure its not leaking under pressure, have a quick check of formers and pins if there is any nicks or deformities these will transfer to your work piece, obviously you can clean them up but it's a bargaining point for a price reduction good luck regards Stephen

• Like 2

If you do buy one of these to avoid the dents cut a short section of pipe one size up in half along it's length and use as a saddle. Trying to bend thick wall tube in the bender you may find it will collapse and kink this can be reduced by sand filling the tube. I haven't had great success with mine with tighter bends but bends up to 45* have been ok.

• Like 2