Buddy Holly sang about my Landy!

"The sun is up, the sky is blue
There's not a cloud to spoil the view.
But it's raining,
Raining in my cab."

At least I think that's what he said?

OK, so it's nonsense but it got you reading the thread...

I know that the driver's door doesn't seal. Understatement - I can see daylight around the top of it - and I could certainly do with some advice on that. I suspect I need to replace the A pillar but we'll see.

No, this seems to be more internal. There's a sort of gutter inside the roof (it's a 110 van) and the water gathers in there and then gently washes my knees and/or groin area when I go round corners. As it's currently snowing this is certainly refreshing but not necessarily desirable.

Suggestions on making the thing slightly more waterproof would be very welcome. At the moment if we had an attack of the killer bees I couldn't shelter in it because they could get around the doors...

Thanks,

Simon

• Like 1

If you're getting water in the inner 'gutter' of the roof, that's not standard LR tolerances (which your door issue might be) and not one you need put up with.

You have no sunroof, so that's excellent news, but it means that either one or more of the ribs has unsealed, or there's a crack somewhere (look around the external gutter) where someone might have fitted an overladen roof rack or similar.

If it's the former, there are various products you can use to re-seal it (putty or bathroom sealant* - have  search on here for leaks and you'll find recommendations on what works). If it's the latter, put up photos and the gurus on here will advise on the best step forwards.

*Which  I definitely do not recommend.

I have strong memories of this happening in my SIII Stage One V8 (after I added a roof rack)  Water on the knees was a regular horror - worse was that internal gutter was where I keep all my Green lane maps! 

A through re-sealing of the out-side gutter - lifted up the roof 4" on blocks to get under the roof rack feet - caulked it all up with 'SealOnce' and where the roof rack feet blocked the channel drilled some extra drain holes.  can't recommend 'Seal Once' enough - 

Thanks all.

No sunroof, and no roof lining. There certainly is condensation, which I expected...but not [i]that[/i] much. The gutters make sense, though not if you're not familiar with these things (and I'm not yet, but oh boy am I learning!)

I think I'll have to endure it until the Spring when I should have made the mechanical changes and will then be deciding whether to fit a canvas roof, which so far is my preferred option. 

As always, opinions on this will be welcome...

Simon