Series 2 V8 cooling help please

Hi All, i'm building my S2 back up [going sooo slow as STILL waiting for autospark to install new loom - 3 months and counting Grrrr]

Anyway, I 've been playing with the cooling and although it starts & seems to run OK I cant help but feel the cooling isnt plumbed quite right: as the fan & new heater arnt yet wired i cant do too much but...

Its a RR Classic 3.5 V8 / edelbrock manifold, 4 barrel weber with a wing mounted expansion tank. This has a small [main?] outlet top left and a small one in the neck under the filler cap [overflow?] and i've converted to waterless coolant.

The radiator is quite large and has two small inlets [outlets?] top right and the standard larger top and bottom hoses, the only filler for the radiator is a screw in square top bolt top right.

Currently I have it plumbed as;

1. Top & Bottom larger hoses - self explanatory.

2. expansion tank filler neck to radiator top right small 

3. expansion tank main outlet small to radiator top/lower right small 

4. waterpump - [viewed from the front] short 'S' hose, righthand inlet into front inlet of manifold and larger hose, W/Pump left outlet into heater then heater-out into the back of the inlet manifold

Am i right in thinking i should have a vacuum connection from the expansion tank [top left outlet] from the front bottom of the carburettor? - in the pic i mean the right hand one that currently has a short blanked off hose on it, marked by a red circle; dont laugh but i'm nervous about connecting a waterpipe to a carburettor vacuum :)

If so, I'm left with a spare inlet [outlet?] on the the top right of the radiator...so plug that or 'T' into one of the other pipes?

Thanks in advance

Nick

cooling 1.jpg

cooling 2.jpg

cooiling 3.jpg

cooling 4.jpg