Defender Wolf 90 FFR alternator wiring

Hi All

i am new to the group and have a bit of a problem with the wiring on my Wolf 90 FFR project.

I have posted this in the military section as well but I hope it’s ok to post here also.

The vehicle would have had two alternators but the auxiliary one has already been removed. All the radio junction boxes etc, radio batteries etc have also been removed. I am left with the vehicle batteries and partially disconnected FFR wiring. I understand that on the bulkhead behind the seats there would have been a twin alternator ecu and a big fuse called a fast fuse. 

I therefore have an auxiliary wiring loom that terminates at the missing ecu and fuse. This loom runs through the seat box and up into the engine bay where I guess it splits and connects to the vehicle alternator and would connect to the missing auxiliary alternator. the vehicle alternator is fine and the vehicle starts and runs well.  I am not desperate to remove all the FFR wiring as long as what remains is safe.

The old auxiliary alternator had a thin brown/yellow wire attached to a small screw terminal D+. Even though the aux alt is gone the wire is still live and I am wondering where this live wire goes. With the auxiliary alt gone I would have thought any wires that were attached would be dead. 

i have put a volt meter on the disconnected FFR wiring in the cab and it’s all dead except one wire which had a very very low reading. I am tempted a leave all the FFR wiring in place and heat shrink insulation over the terminals and just tie it up out of the way in case someone wants to reinstall the charging system.

I am not great with vehicle electrics as you can probably tell. 

Has anybody else done this before and can offer any advice?

Thanks

Mark

Hi

all the big stuff from the rear has gone.

just left with the loom that runs from the seat box to the engine bay. Did you remove this as well?

I thought it looked quite well integrated into the main loom and decided to leave it alone.

I’m going to heat shrink/insulate the disconnected bits and leave it in place.

i would probably do more damage trying to take it out.

cheers

mark

Mine was all securely clipped in place but easily removed . The loom was totally separate from the regular loom . The wires to the wing boxes are also easily removed too.

pic of mine below taken by the dealer I bought it from. It's the winter warfare version 🙂

Gluv🇬🇧

Wolf XD 90 WW 161995 NSF.JPG