Does anyone know where to get window channel insert like this picture

I have been searching but am unable to find anyone that sells this particular type of channel insert for sliding side windows. It basically looks to be the webbing material that you used to get on rucksack straps (if you are old enough)

it measures around 1.8mm thick and about 21mm wide. It obviously gets its shape from the aluminium channel (10mm wide by 10mm high) it is just pushed in and goes round the rounded corners nicely

I might be able to use the smallest woolies channel type but if I can get this original type I would prefer to do so

I did try some of the land rover felt but that is too thick to get the 4.9mm window glass in

IMG_20210201_115018193.thumb.jpg.a60b770e1a9003d98342a91806ff25bb.jpg

I've not used it on the side windows but I used the Woolies small window channel on my doors. They had the same original channel as you've pictured. The Woolies channel has worked well and having used it at work should go round the side window radius with no problems.

Mike

not sure of the etiquette in replying to your own thread but.....

I found some really good channel for this job and thought I would share 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FLOCKED-LINED-RUBBER-SLIDING-WINDOW-CHANNEL-UPTO-4-6MM-GLASS/224144606416

it takes a little practice to fit and I found a small pair of blunt nosed pliers (jewellers size) was best

another job off the list only 5,783 to go 😀

• Like 1