Headlight wiring!

Hey guys. I have a 200tdi 110. I have searched for this problem but there's nothing on this exact problem I'm prob ten hours trying to sort out a **** show of wiring and I'm in the final throes of it. My last problem is I have h4 conversion done on the head lights. I have full beam on drivers side only and dip beam on passenger side only both wiring looks same. It's breaking my heart atm.

I have to say, it sounds strange that the solution isn't obvious but wiring can hide its problems quite well!  It does sound like your problems come from the connectors under the bonnet, as you do have feeds for both high and low beam.  I suggest, first thing, is to take both headlights off and check the colours of the wires there, then find the same wires where they meet the connectors on the bulkhead.  Then use a circuit tester (either the resistance setting on a multimeter or a battery/bulb setup) to make sure the wires all have continuity.  The next thing is to work out which coloured wires supply feed to both high and low beams (but do each one separately) and ensure there is a good connection between them and the wires you just checked.  If a 200TDi is like earlier Land Rovers, there should be a two into one connector for each of high and low beams, but it could be hidden in a multi plug.  Undo the multi plug, if necessary, and check how the connections are laid out and if they do, in fact, pass power to both sides of the car at that point.  If the worst comes to the worst, you could make up your own multi plug.  Logically, that can't fail!  Later cars have separate relays for each side, in which case it's a matter of chasing continuity along the whole circuit.

That's assuming both your bulbs are good, of course.  I'd simply swap them over to be absolutely sure!  Good luck.

Just now, tobey7 said:

Yeah  checked bulbs there good. Had to walk away so tomorrow I'll stArt fresh and try again. One sides of the wiring is twisted and taped and wrapped so maybe iv got to go thru that again

Thanks

Just connect something to each end first to see if power is getting down the wire. In fact, as the bulbs are good, you only have to connect a 12volt battery to earth and then to each wire one at a time. You'll quickly see which one isn't working.

And yup, when it gets like that, tomorrow is a better day!