What fuel hoses are you using?

reb78

Just had to replace another fuel hose on the 110. I have a slightly custom setup and this is 8mm internal diameter and runs from the Facet lift pump to the fuel filter.

I seem to get a leak on this pipe every 2-3 years. That doesnt seem long to me. I carry spare but I would expect it to last longer to be honest. I am sure I bought hose suitable for diesel as it would have been silly not to!

What are you using that lasts? Are there any clear hoses I could buy? I am curious to know if there is any air in the fuel system (don't have any real reason to suspect it) but would be good to monitor.

I think we are using the same pipe Richard. I have black rubber fuel hose I got from Halfords. Mine has been on about 8 years with no issue. What do you think is happening, is it rubbing on something? 

5 hours ago, monkie said:

I think we are using the same pipe Richard. I have black rubber fuel hose I got from Halfords. Mine has been on about 8 years with no issue. What do you think is happening, is it rubbing on something? 

The leak off pipes are from Halfords, Phil but even they dont last like I would like. The pipe from the lift pump to the filter came from the company I bought the lift pump from I think. I wonder if veg oil is not doing them much good. I also think I overtightened the clamp on the filter side of the pipe which eventually means the pipe cracks there.

I recently fitted the goodridge aluminium hardline to my old rover p6, it worked well although was pretty hard to work to shape even with a bender and the fittings aren't exactly cheap. I now only have short sections of rubber jump hoses at each end of the lines.

Was planning to do the same with my 90 as even though the runs are a lot shorter and easier to change when needed, I've had to change the fuel lines a couple of times due to poor quality hose cracking after just a couple of years. 

14 hours ago, Mo Murphy said:

I wonder of you can buy fuel line to use with banjos like the braided brake and clutch lines.

I know you can get leak off sets like that.

Sho gotta purdy fuel line boy 😄

Mo

Yes you can. Braided nitrile hose is available that works with AN fittings and banjos.

I’m using it on my project for the power steering and gearbox oil cooler.

• Thanks 1

Are we talking Diesel or Petrol? If the former i've also struggled, even with stuff marked as 'diesel fuel hose', splits after 1-2 years. Ive just redone the ones on the pump with PVC, the ultimate is Rilsan, or Rilsan lined.