Automatic gearbox selector warning lamp

Bigj66

Classic owners, when the vehicle is in park is a warning lamp of any description illuminated?

I have AMR 5141 gearbox harness and the inhibitor switch seems to be linked to another 2 wire (green/yellow and red/black) plug on the loom that I have yet to identify but it shares a common wire (green/yellow) with this spare plug.

From the position and length of wire on this spare plug it looks like it would connect to something at the rear of the gearbox area or maybe into another loom.

I initially thought it could be for a speed transducer but why would it be linked to the inhibit switch?

47 minutes ago, Bowie69 said:

Think it may illuminate the over temp warning light on an RRC, essentially as a test to make sure the bulb is working.

What would be the relationship between that and the inhibit switch though?

There’s already a gearbox oil temperature sender fitted and that has its own pair of wires.

This spare lead has a 3 pin econoseal plug.

7D61B0F6-0D9D-4226-9C79-47AC532D24BD.jpeg.8276e07f99f5fb46c6325bb42495ca60.jpeg