Brake lines

reb78

Can you folks help me create a list of the various bits I need to put together a box of bits for making brake lines for my 1989 110?

Copper brake pipe and male and female unions I guess? But I dont know what sizes/threads/bore I need for the various bits and am unsure of where to look.

TIA

M10 x1.0mm pitch for the end fittings. male & female, I think one of the master cylinder ports is bigger [it may even be imperial] 

use Kunifer [90% copper/10% nickel] brake pipe 3/16ths Copper brake pipes hardens with age & can fracture.

https://automec.co.uk/collections/fittings

https://automec.co.uk/collections/brake-pipe-coils

I would also suggest if using Kunifer (great stuff) or copper you don't use the normal zinc plated steel unions - they last about a month. Automec, VWP,  and Frosts, maybe others,  sell brass ones which seem more resistant to corrosion, also brass bleed nipples, and Automec at least do the spring washers to hold the flexible pipes. Automec also do the plastic chassis clips for the pipes, in fact they will do you a nice kit of ready made Kunifer pipes

23 minutes ago, reb78 said:

the plain lead in "should" assist in not cross threading the fitting, however ive normally gone for the longer non lead in version personally,

2nd point i would believe that is correct,

However, as much as i like the idea of doing them in brass, £1+ each a fitting, f that, ill continue to use the plated fittings at 50 for £12, ive never had any issues with them corroding away like cackshifter is suggesting, either way each to there own