OT - Reliant Ant

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
19 minutes ago, steve b said:

You'll need a bigger truck than that to clear up after tomorrow's weather bomb has blown though I fear .

Are you booked on the Ipswich to Felixstowe run with it ? 

Steve

Yes, I think the 90 and tipping trailer will be getting an outing after tomorrow. Could be a decent restock of firewood though

I have got the Ant and my SWB Series IIa booked in for the Ips to Felixstowe run. Also plan to take them both and my old mans 1929 Morris Cowley to Helmingham hall sports and classic again this year

• 1 month later...

I may be wrong, but I think I spotted an Ant in this videoclip:

For those who can't stomach watching the entire clip, because they don't like pirates and/or metal, or are too big a fan of Lady Gaga to appreciate a good parody, at 1:22 the pirate inmates drive off in a 3-wheeled utility vehicle that to my untrained eye (and rum soaked brain) looks like a Relian Ant. 🙂

1 hour ago, Escape said:

It could very well be. I saw 3 wheels and immediately thought Reliant. 😉

Ross is right it is a Piaggio Ape but not the common Ape 50 but the bigger TM703 which has a 400 cc engine (i think) which is almost the exact same physical size as my Ant.

Top marks though as it was missing out on a TM703 that led to the Ant in the first place!

• Like 2

• 4 months later...