M57 install.

Has anyone fitted an M57 engine into a 110 / 90? 

The brother has bought a 110 with a galvanised chassis and a cracking bulkhead so it’s looking like the ideal candidate for a conversion. It’s currently got a 300tdi that’s looks like it’s been toyed with, he’s not into the idea of keeping the tdi. 

We have seen MW machines 4x4 are manufacturing a kit that will be a complete install but to the tune of £3.5k it’s pricey, although I’m sure it’s spot on. 

any input from anyone whom has done it before? 

9 hours ago, jason110 said:

We have seen MW machines 4x4 are manufacturing a kit that will be a complete install but to the tune of £3.5k it’s pricey, although I’m sure it’s spot on. 

if you break down the component cost its not that bad a deal,

depending on what gearbox combination your planning to use, the adapter on its own is 800+v, 

yes you can use the cobbled together P38 bellhousing option, yes its cheaper, but only if you can get the bellhousing & parts, you still have to assemble the box which then becomes a combination of parts, plus the clutch is a bit small so it slips

1 hour ago, ianmayco68 said:

Yep, will be doing mine shortly using an M57 out of a Range Rover L322 and a 4HP24 auto out of a V8 P38 . But got to finish the 90 first which isn’t far off so another build thread .

That will be one to watch :D

• Like 1