Whats behind this?

21 minutes ago, reb78 said:

Richards chassis ordered last night. I did it online. Whats the process here? Will I get a call when its ready and they want me to pay?

They will contact you to confirm the order via email. When i was there on monday they said Britpart had 250 ordered! A lot are going abroad apparently.

They make around 50 a week and the lead time for mine were around 10-12 weeks

• 1 month later...

Chassis arrives next Wednesday! That was 8 weeks from putting the order in I think so a pleasingly quick turnaround. I ordered all the extra's with it like the bumper, turrets, gearbox crossmember and CSW floor crossmember (all galvanised) and bolt kit. I think I am going to splash out and get the YRM galv sill/B pillar/C pillar pieces as well. I already have a repaired and galv bulkhead to go on and new galv doors all round!

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, reb78 said:

Chassis arrives next Wednesday! That was 8 weeks from putting the order in I think so a pleasingly quick turnaround. I ordered all the extra's with it like the bumper, turrets, gearbox crossmember and CSW floor crossmember (all galvanised) and bolt kit. I think I am going to splash out and get the YRM galv sill/B pillar/C pillar pieces as well. I already have a repaired and galv bulkhead to go on and new galv doors all round!

Best get the build thread going! Unless I’ve missed it! 

5 minutes ago, vulcan bomber said:

He best get some beer in so some of us are willing to give him a hand with the heavy bits. 😁

There is always beer here. Its the one thing I stockpiled during lockdown......... 

• Confused 1

I've just ordered a Defender 110 csw chassis (VIN stamped) , shock turrets , body x-member kit and galvanised B/C sill assemblies from Marsland . Worth checking them out for your sill B/C posts , price was good .They have only recently started supplying the sill assemblies .

Steve