suspension for -97 D1?

lacrits68

Hello!

Was recomended https://www.raptor4x4.co.uk/raptor-4x4-expedition-2-suspension-lift-kit-land-rover-defender-90-discovery-1-rrc.html  for my D1. Anyone that have experience of "raptor stuff"?

have to cope with winch/bumper in front and 2-300kg gear-fuel-campingear on bad russian back tracks.

any oppinion?

//Jan

konna 2019.jpg

I would suggest asking where the kit is sourced form  - who makes the shocks/springs before they are painted for Raptor 4x4?

The connecting points look poor

SuperPro sell produts in Russia. They use Eiback Springs, Bilstien Shocks and SuperPro Bushes. They also test there upgrade kits properly. So you pay for quality. I would use them as a price guide

Do you want more height - of normal height when fully loaded ?

I suggest you weigh the vehicle empty and loaded and take this information to the various suppliers to see what they have to say.

There are several good spring suppliers in the EU, saving you the extra paperwork etc. from buying in the UK...

Simply raising the vehicle without good data can be a waste of money as lift does not mean more carrying weight etc.

200 - 300 kgs in the back - spread out - is not excessive.

Nice progressive springs with matching shocks will be much more comfortable for both people and vehicle.

• Like 1

good mornin all!

what i want that my rally support gear (2-300kg) can be delivered on right place and in right time. Terrain bad backroads and/or gravel roads with LOTS of potholes. And I dont mind an2'' lift either in ordet to fit larger tyres. 33'' or 35''...!

Right now shes on some "black" springs in front and some "yellow" springs in back ( those rear bottom out constantly) and terrafirma big bores in all 4 corners.

vehicle had a light wight roofrack, mainly used as sunroof when on stage looking rally cars, 13 000lb winch in front, and as I said 2-300kg gear ( camping gear, fuel, tools, spareparts and so on) 

@Arjan, any suggestion for good progressive springs and chocks or other good springs for an heavy disco 1? Who is "good" retailer for land rover stuff on "mainland europe" now whn tax and other duties collected UK is no longer an option...! Got some many different andwers to "whats good stuff".....and to trace back whos is manufacturer to "raptor-tyrex" impossible at least online...! some say ome, some say terrafirma HD some sayt britpart HD is great stuff....are they all realy great stuff?

pic in bottom is our "heavy"  support vehiles that tows and carries main equipment and trailer for race car. Disco is providing support on special stages.

chees

Jan

ladoga.jpg

Edited by lacrits68

Old man emu make good quality springs and shoc any of the brands also known outside of the LR world are also good, so think bilstein, boge, koni, etc....

We have a trade agreement with the EU, so ordering stuff like this shouldn't hit you with extra taxes.