Lifting dashboard and hello too

C.J.

Mornin' everyone, and hello :)

Thought I'd start off in here by asking if anyone has found an easy...ish fix for the famous lifting dashboard problem that's so commom on Disco's?

Did a search but couldn't find any discussion about it. Amazing! :o You all just putting up with it?

Seems to me the only way to bond it down is to take the screen out. Correct?

Going out to look at a Disco' 300Tdi this morning armed with all the relevant knowledge as to what to watch out for thanks to this forum.

Welcome :)

There is a repair kit available, I think it is from Devon 4x4, not sure if you need to take the screen out but I don't think so? I seem to remember it is a bracket that screws down with self tappers along the leading edge.

Personally I'd fit a new dash, its not as expensive as you'd think and it makes an interesting project which takes less than a day to do, I did my own one on my old Discovery and it took 4.5 hours having never done it before.

The dashboards were the subject of warranty claims in the early years - new dash fitted - but any chance of getting warranty on the affected ones has long since gone since they are now at least 10 years old.

Agreed. But didn't Landrover actually admit that they used the wrong adhesive to bond the top section down in the first place?

Same problem with the Rover 800 series to IIRC.

Just not good enough is it, especially when they admit to it?

Ford have got a similar problem with the 3 to 4 year old Fiestas at present. Peeling covering on the steering wheels, an item that should last the life time of the car.

Ford have got a similar problem with the 3 to 4 year old Fiestas at present. Peeling covering on the steering wheels, an item that should last the life time of the car.

When you think about it, though, 3-4 years is about the life expectancy of a new car..........isn't it???

As the Ford saying goes:

Designed for living - engineered to last 3 years!!! :ph34r: