110 Rear seat swap

Depends how much work you want to put in. I went for RR sport front and rear. Quite a bit of floor work and frame making involved but they do fit. Sit higher than standard so you may have to ditch any friends over 6ft. But knee space is fine, and kids are soo much happier with the comfort

35105CFD-5D17-4C99-A6E4-7A396572340D.jpeg

4089750E-1A2B-42AF-ADB1-FE6ECDAA6BF4.jpeg

33B09DD6-DD2C-4136-B336-62F2AE511CF5.jpeg

RRC seats in the front of mine and freelander rear seats in the back. The RRC seats are very comfy. The D1 seats above look better than my F1 seats if I am honest- i took a similar chunk out of the wheelarch too. 

On 3/26/2021 at 1:06 PM, FridgeFreezer said:

I've got a pair of Defender front seats in the back row with a cubby between them... but again, they need a frame making up.

Ditto. 

Not sorted the cubby yet, but it's actually worked out handy without one. I can get 6' long things in without folding the seats, plus the kids can walk through to the rear.

The seats can fold fully forward, if the headrest is pulled out and the seat base removed.

IMG_20210327_123823511.jpg

IMG_20210327_123853090.jpg

• Like 1

I have fitted Disco 1 seats in the rear of my 110 I didn't need to modify the wheel boxes. They fold forward against the front seats I made a frame to mount the original hinges to and a box section frame to act as the rear legs. The one problem I had was the door handles would foul the seat back when laying flat so I replaced the plastic handles with straps.

WP_20200815_15_23_34_Pro.jpg

WP_20200815_15_19_18_Pro.jpg

• Like 1

On 3/26/2021 at 4:43 PM, vulcan bomber said:

Any Pics anywhere? I did this in my 110 but there to high up, so I plan to have another go.

Bad photos of the setup:

web_IMG_2045.JPGweb_IMG_2029.JPG

The cubby between the seats is very useful, and I fitted the seats "wrong" sided so the flip lever is on the inside - did the same in the front - so you don't catch it / knock it getting in & out.

• Like 1

L322 seats fit but you'd have to get inventive if you've got rear windows.

Sorry about the mess but fairly normal for having two labradors in and out constantly...

DSC_0014.thumb.JPG.52fc79bca835f6d52ea2b249fffefead.JPG

Again custom frame-work but designed in such a way that you can put stuff all the way through from the back right up to the front if you need to. Seats tip forwards as well to access underneath if needed - although to close doors the door handle needs removing or changing design...

DSC_0017.thumb.JPG.95de81345233e5eb1532a14c900d3967.JPG

They do need something to latch the rear into - makes it a lot easier with USW setup.

DSC_0019.thumb.JPG.177b1cdd289c20fa96eaee068ed1bdf7.JPG

6ft+ people fit in reasonably comfortably because of the extra leg room, I haven't cut into the seat boxes (yet) but the passengers in the rear more often than not are the dogs and it's a perfect height for them to lie down in the back and rest their chin on the window looking out. :rofl: