This mornings project

Stellaghost

6 hours ago, ThreePointFive said:

Where is the patchy, mottled, running finish that I achieve with every wall I paint white? I don't even have to use flashbangs to create the same effect.

Think a lot of it is down to the paint. The weathershield is pretty forgiving and just running it over with a roller gives it a smoother finish.

Bear in mind this isn't a smooth plaster finish but a roughish render so very forgiving I think compared to a gloss. Neither is the wall very flat.

Main thing is it'll survive being washed.

37 minutes ago, Anderzander said:

Looks quite Mediterranean Ed 🤔😊

Perhaps just need to add a pizza oven ? 

Not intended to be Mediterranean but I guess being white it has turned out that way - main reason for being white was to make the whole place brighter. The arches used to be hay racks I think back in Victorian times.

There might be another pizza oven intended for outside :D

This is how it started (and before you say, yes I did keep all the slabs of slate forming the floor), the timber disintegrated due to wood worm.

c31.jpeg.674e9a11a198acba4613c77d77cfa6ad.jpeg

• Like 4

Nope - different barn for that :blush:

Upstairs = super clean workshop (electronics and office for work)
Downstairs = clean workshop (machine tools etc)
Adjacent "blacksmiths" barn = dirty workshop (welding grinding etc)

There is a hole ready for a large double garage built into a bank but until I know how much the house rennovations are going to cost me (there's 600sqm of rendering to do) it's on hold, particularly as costs have more or less doubled since last year. Although I do have the mesh for doing the slab and retaining walls (downstairs will be 4m high in order to clear the bank behind and then a garden shed in the roof space).

Well I haven't decided what the current temporary workshop is to be used for once the workshop tools move down to the new one. Although current thoughts are climbing wall, snooker table and cinema room :blush:.

I was lucky enough that quite a few things lined up simultaneously to allow me to move back down here. Although someone recently asked me when I'd be finished and I replied "about a year after I peg it".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ed Poore said:

Well I haven't decided what the current temporary workshop is to be used for once the workshop tools move down to the new one. Although current thoughts are climbing wall, snooker table and cinema room :blush:.

I was lucky enough that quite a few things lined up simultaneously to allow me to move back down here. Although someone recently asked me when I'd be finished and I replied "about a year after I peg it".

His sixth finger on each hand is now growing back. 😁

Mo

• 5 months later...

Technically yesterday morning's project but a little bit of trailer re-wiring - Ed style to make it more accessible.

IMG_20220209_120230_535.thumb.jpg.abcea2cf6497a62f727a44a1bafd04e5.jpg

And then a bit of an expensive sheet of buffalo board later to make the trailer ramp it had it's inaugural test with the wee tractor on it this morning.

IMG_20220210_123857_347.thumb.jpg.44ba365a992544e8e50ddaab4c3a376e.jpg

Slightly excessive to take my old dishwasher (started leaking around the door) to my parents farm for washing aluminium parts for work but it was easy enough to load the dish washer onto the box on the tractor, drive it onto the trailer. Then could simply drive tractor off at the farm and take the dishwasher into the barn...

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

A bit more than this morning, a 7hr project to be precise 

Helping a friend out as he has too much work on

So changing a front axle casing on this

20220301_124144.thumb.jpg.a5317a311b5708b8743164165427b63f.jpg

what a pain, every nut and bolt fought me, don't think any of them have been apart in a long time

axle cases side by side

20220301_124139.thumb.jpg.bd9b514261d8514ce73c2e7f097d0ed1.jpg

the reason why you ask take a look at next photo 

20220301_124200.thumb.jpg.08c97b81206e79e2a494dc35b8a088b0.jpg

not pretty, but it's done now and he's happy which is the main thing regards Stephen