Muddy Truckers 2007

ciderman

Weather was great until the last hour which really helped. I think a small amount of snow or even just more rain would have made the main site extremely "interesting" if not a bit dodgy in places (think 500 foot descent of grassy 40 degree hillsides!). Navigation was a pain due to coordinates being given in 4 different formats which made entering them into a Garmin 128 very very tedious and time consuming. The woodland punch section was very akin to a one day CSW or JST type event, great fun but power sapping after 2 previous days challenges and 3 nights under canvas at sub-zero temperatures. And as for the bog section, well that was plain daft. I feel very sorry for the teams who had to contend with that last thing on Sunday afternoon (Mr Gigglepin!!!!!). Otherwise what can I say. A really well run event, excellent company and brilliant offroading. Would we do it again? You bet..

3 nights under canvas at sub-zero temperatures.

Interesting when your socks were wet the night before, they are rock solid in the morning. very, very cool....

I also got to know 8274s inside out, having rebuilt them 3 times. arent they just great?

apart from that, it was fun.

Daan

Thanks all , we had a cracking weekend , It was extremley well organised and most of the stages reqiered some thinking about , especialy as it was our first one we didnt know what to expect .

Friday we had a quagmire to contend with , Knee high peat bogs , We got off to a bad start in the afternoon with the team building exercises and a few dummy`s were spat out ,But within the hour all in team problems were ironed out and from then on we were in sync ,

Saturday was the navigation stage , which we decided to do in a backwards circuit so as we wouldnt get to snarled up in traffic with the fellow competeters , It worked well ,

Sunday , Me and Lard were in our element , 2 sites ,steep woodland. We compared it with one of James events but not as cruel .

Only damage to report was a Snapped Scrap iron brake hose on the O/S/F. which let us down in the last half hour. ( Thats them all broke now And wont be buying anymore)

Camping was a great craic and as per usual we met up with Pikey and Steve for our daily intake of intoxicating liquids .

I would go on to tell you what happened but I may risk this post being deleted .

What exactly is the big time?????????????????

Sorry, that may have come over a little patronizing!

I was referring to the time, cost and effort in keeping up with the major players at the top events throughout the year. You have just won one of the toughest events in this country, we needed some new faces, I look forward to locking horns in the future!