Muddy Truckers 2007

ciderman

Sorry, that may have come over a little patronizing!

I was referring to the time, cost and effort in keeping up with the major players at the top events throughout the year. You have just won one of the toughest events in this country, we needed some new faces, I look forward to locking horns in the future!

I know what you are saying about time and money Paul. Hope to meet soon

To coin a phrase used by the Blues Brothers "Why not"

To ooin anoter phrase:

Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.

But really, why is there two fairleads, and one rope in the later pics whilst there seems to be two ropes in the ealier photo's. Is it two winches?

Or is it top secret? ;)

Lewis

To ooin anoter phrase:

Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.

But really, why is there two fairleads, and one rope in the later pics whilst there seems to be two ropes in the ealier photo's. Is it two winches?

Or is it top secret? ;)

Lewis

The circlip flew off the brake thats why there is only one rope later on.

Does that tell you enough? ;)

post-1213-1173535586_thumb.jpg

4 fried chickens and a coke

4 fried chickens and a coke

And some dry white toast

The circlip flew off the brake thats why there is only one rope later on.

Does that tell you enough? ;)

Erm no, :rolleyes:

Thanks for the photo, it helps. From what I can see its two mounted so that the g/box's are at opposite ends, hence the offset fairleads, but why two winches? I can see the advantage of having two motors with two gearboxes over, say, a twinmotor as there is less strain on each g/box, but why two drums?

Basically what I'm asking it is there an advantage of being able to use two winches at the front independantly and simultaneously?

If i'm asking obvious questions then feel free to take the p*ss, and if you dont want to tell me then feel free to tell me to p*ss off :) But I am interested

Lewis I think the main reasons for Pod arranging this set up was many reasons including twice the pulling power was No need for extentions on long climbs , (just send the other rope out )

steerabilaty using the winches , (no need for constant re-rigging if an awkward punch has to be obtained), If one rope or even winch fails you can still carry on with the other .

The system worked well at the Muddy Truckers until the brake circlip gave out on the N/S winch which happened early in the event but we still managed to carry on using the 2nd winch without losing time for repairs .

Sorry, that may have come over a little patronizing!

I was referring to the time, cost and effort in keeping up with the major players at the top events throughout the year. You have just won one of the toughest events in this country, we needed some new faces, I look forward to locking horns in the future!

Have you seen this guy in action in the RFC last year, awesome driver, and the truck is the mutts nutts, there is a video link on it some where. I think you will be seeing more of this team, and doing very well in the future.