Series 2a with a 200tdi fitted with a 300tdi injection pump

Cornish Rattler

Hi guys

I have just replaced my Defender 200tdi FIP ( fuel injection pump ) with a 300tdi injection pump, the engine is a Def 200tdi engine that I have dressed as a Disco 200tdi and now fitted with a 300tdi injection pump, the pump seems to pull slightly better from lights and junctions but seems to pull slower through the gears but keeps pulling, with the Def pump I couldn't go into top gear less than 32 mph as the engine laboured were as the 300 pump I can go into top about 25 mph which is better but I will give the pump a better test on the motorway tomorrow but I suppose it's getting used to a std 300 pump as appose to being used to a tweaked Def 200tdi pump so will see tomorrow :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nonimouse said:

Did you run into any issues with the swap?

Are you running the 200 turbo?

No problem just wasn't sure how to use the timing took kit i bought as it was slighly different to the ones i'd seen but worked in out in the end, using a 300tdi turbo 🙂

Obviously with it being a tdi in a series i had to remove the rad as not much room to work but if it was a Def  or Disco you would probably have the room.

Edited by Cornish Rattler
  • Like 2