Canaries under the bonnet

Alright lads. Hope that everyone is keeping well and Covid free.

Got a bit of a problem with the defender 300Tdi.

Couple of months ago I started hearing chirping noises under the bonnet, changed the serpentine belt and alternator, and it did seem to quite down a wee bit.

Last Monday me waterpump went, just finished fitting it and started the bugger up and the tweeting noise is back again.

Has anybody got any ideas what it could be. Appreciate any info. I know others have had the same problem but couldn’t find the link.

Many thanks for yer help.

Look at the belt - in between the Vee’s are there shiny bits of rubber imbedded in the grooves? Now the 300tdi’s are getting long in the tooth the pulleys seem to be wearing and / or rusting, which causes the belts to wear and rubber debris to clog the belt which then causes the belt to oscillate and chirp. I went crazy chasing the chirping, new tensioner, new water pump, new alternator, new front cover bearing etc, would cure it for a short time but would keep returning. The only permanent cure on my engine was to change all the pulleys for brand new ones. It has been perfect now for four years.