Drive flange covers

Recently I've gone through rather a lot of half shaft dust covers (frc4377). They only manage a few months then spilt. Genuine ones are a little pricey but I'll get them if need be. Has anyone found any after market ones that are any good.

Mike

I think some of my caps [1989 110CSW] are genuine & some are Allmakes, or all 4 might be Allmakes, no given any problems, I usually warm them in hot water, quickly dry, put a blob of grease or axle oil inside & shove them in place. the grip better as they cool down.

If you're going through that many is it worth putting some of the "HD" drive flanges on - I seem to remember Bearmach did some that weren't that pricey.

If you want some Mike I think I've got a handful of all sorts which I don't need because I have no vehicle that runs them anymore - assuming I can find them.

HD flanges are beyond my budget bearing in mind I have two trucks that would need doing. To add to the confusion it's a drum Salisbury, a disc converted Salisbury, a 10 spline front and a 24 spline front which makes ordering hard work.

I think I'll just get a pack of gen caps and just replace them as they split.

Mike

Pattern hub cones are notorious for splitting.  They’re one of those parts that should be simple to reproduce, but the quality of the plastics used is the problem.  You’re better off spending a little more and getting some that last, or buying HD drive flanges with their screw-on centre caps.  Just be warned that some of those don’t come with an o-ring to seal the cap.

The last set I bought were bearmach I think, they were the rubber ones not the harder plastic type. They've lasted a whole two months. I thought at the time these fit well and are nice and flexible....clearly that didn't help either. I will get some gen ones a see how they compare.

Mike