Heat resistant cable wrap

Badger110

In my ever lasting quest to work out the issue in the truck, I’m going to remove the wiring loom, check it and re wrap it in a suitable heat resistant wrap.

There are many online but does anyone have a recommendation to something they’ve used in the past? 

Rather than a sleeve as that requires me to remove plugs and connectors which I don’t wish to do , I’m looking for a bandage like wrap

To be totally heat resistant - woven glass fibre sleeve, but its a tube, you'd have to remove connectors.

Any tape relies on the adhesive being resistant, most loom tape are reasonably resistant, but you have to route the cables away from the worst heat. Remember the wire insulation underneath will fail if too hot anyway.

• Thanks 1

I’m looking at the re routing where possible to keep some of the cable away from major heat, in fact the crankshaft sensor and alternator cable  are the worst hit as they sit below the exhaust.

I have a glass mat which can be wrapped and secured with metal ties coming tomorrow.

The loom has been removed, stripped of all conduit and tape and methodically checked today for any signs of damage and other than a few cables into the turbo actuator controller splitting their out cable, it does all look to be in good shape