Poor Brake rubbers and seals

Blanco

I am under the P38 at the moment, couple of joints and an oil leak that failed the test, while I was under there I noticed that the brakes which were completely overhauled just under 3 years back (and passed the test very nicely) are all without exception suffering from badly cracked and split rubbers....

1739043795_Brakerubbers.thumb.jpg.908acec0be7d4774828f3649d67a58db.jpg

They were Britpart kits, but then genuine doesn't seem to be available, I am just replacing like for like at the moment, to get over the problem short term but I would like find a better solution.

• 1 month later...

Footnote to this......... just been back under the P38,.... The new Britpart seals are already cracked!!! My fault, but by the time Jeff responded I had ordered a repeat set from DLS, mainly because they really have got the Brexit/EU delivery and prompt dispatch thing properly  sorted and I thought if they would do another 3 years I could live with that.

Six weeks later they are toast already,... 

IMG_20210613_155714_069.thumb.jpg.429e1e1096127ad0e749f2c18408ff53.jpg

Lesson learned!

I used Big Red on the Classic, and outwardly at least it is an improvement, .... although I have a sinking pedal at the moment that I haven't quite sussed. I have since found TRW kits for the P38 and will order some up as and when, but I am just off to the UK and getting stuff delivered will be sooooo much easier by next weekend.

I actually have a potentially bigger issue which is the low compression on No.6 which I am fairly sure is causing the high crankcase pressure. .... oil is being forced out of the dipstick vent, I am taking extra oil! 

2 hours ago, SPendrey said:

That's got to be worth sending back, claiming under its guarantee.

I am of the same mind, trouble is the difficulty of no workshop to change them out for the next few weeks. I have emailed the supplier in the meantime.