Brake Bleeder

JeffR

So we had a disaster on family car. Brake pipe burst (not a Landrover, but applicable to all cars) on back axle.  My vacuum bleeder was elsewhere (read cant find the wretched thing, lost , borrowed, binned, who knows) so , being on my own , I came up with this set up.

Take one cheap spray bottle some plastic  see through pipe (nicked mine from fish tank) and Robert is a blood relative. 

Crack nipple, attach pipe to spray head and squeeze away.  Its not quick, but the you are stuck on your own, its pretty effective !

Out of interest, the pipe that let rip was a plastic coated steel factory pipe. There was , outwardly, no sign of corrosion. Yet the pipe was gone, wiggled the nearside pipe (which also looked perfect) and it too, fell apart.  CHECK plastic coated brake lines a bit more vigorously, you cant see the condition of the metal.

20210507_120042.jpg

20210507_120141.jpg

20210507_120138.jpg

• Like 3

I first saw that from another member, Anderzander, I just used it on the P38 and it works like a charm, only thing is not all spray heads are brake fluid compatible, my first one only lasted one wheel. also can draw air quite easily through the nipple so plenty grease round the thread is a help.