Transfer linkage bushes

Hi all, 

the bushes/connectors on my transfer box linkage have worn so that I can’t control the diff lock via the lever, I have to go underneath and do it manually. 

ive adjusted the linkage and I can get either engage or disengage but no both as the worn bushes takes up the movement of the lever. 

does anyone have a part number for these and can they be changed in situ? Or is the box coming out? 

I would normally pull the tunnel out but I’ve fitted WOR matting and I’m never removing that again haha 

thanks 

Jamie 

I did this a couple of weeks ago after I suddenly lost one of the clevis pins even though the clip was on properly. 
you can do this with the tunnel in just by removing the the gearstick rubber gaiter and the foam insulator. I then held the hi lo lever tight with a bungee cord and did most of it from underneath with a pair of long nose pliers. Occasionally you need to tweak from above. Having the gaitor off and the insulator out gives you much better light and visibility when working from below.  Use a bit of grease to hold the bushes in position and you can do it. I can assure you though that there will be some cussing and swearing!!

Toby

I was forever trying to do jobs like this with awkward bits of body or trim in place. Then I had an epiphany and realised that if I spent half an hour removing things like the WOR matting the job would be 50 times faster, I would get less stressed about fiddling around in small spaces to do a simple job and skinning any bare skin in the process. Just remove the matting - its not that much of a ballache to get out. Then with the transmission tunnel out of the way the actual job you want to do will take 5 minutes. You can dry under the matting whilst it is out too as its bound to be soaked under there...