bringing my 1983 110 back to life

Now then. I am new to this forum stuff so I might be making social and admin mistakes. Please set me straight if so. This is really a post to say hello, I'm going to need all your help, and I'm very excited about my landy again. I bought an August 1983 110 about 25 years ago. I learned to drive in it, but it eventually cost me all my money and I had to get another car. I put the land rover on the farm and left it. Now I have some money, a home with a large drive and an excited 14 year old, it is time to get it here, and get it back to running. I have no idea of its condition. I have looked at small ads over the years, but I have never seen a 1983 110 for sale. Anyway, hello.

• Like 2

I've got a 1983 110 as well.  There are a few around.

One thing to be careful of is getting parts that will fit it.  There are a lot of changes from 1983 to even 1985.  Things like the fuel tanks are different.  A lot of parts suppliers say 1983 onwards without checking the very early ones.

But plenty of knowledgeable people on her if you have any doubts.  Always nice to see another early 110. :)

• Like 1

pictures as soon as i get the land rover up here, hopefully by end of june. there are alot of bits of a brick path i am building in the way so i have to get a move on. it has slanted side windows with the black twisty knob of painful elbow. it has a stop pull knob to cut the engine, a manual throtle on the passenger side and i think it can be hand cranked to start it. and a 10j 2 1/4 diesel which is not enough but i'll stick with it for now.