Range Rover Sport TDV8

Simon_CSK

I am in the process of repairing my Range Rover Sport TDV8 after I bought a crash damaged one.

I have replaced the dash and have misplaced a small electrical part. Below is a photo of the dash of my other sport showing the top of the part I am missing. What is it and what does it do?

Inkedthing_LI.jpg

2 minutes ago, Bowie69 said:

Air con temp sender. 

Not what I was hoping for. I have stripped the dash out to fit a new one because the air bags were deployed and the car will not start or disengage the immobiliser. I have lost two of them as they are tiny and was hoping it was related to the alarm or something like that.

7 hours ago, Bowie69 said:

Air con temp sender. 

Not quite - it is a light sensor.  It is there to compensate for how the human body feels temp - that is the body feels hotter when it is bright and colder when dull.  So this sensor pushes the climate control output temp down a degree or two over what is set when it is a bright and sunny day (something you don't get in the UK) and when it is dull and cold (as normal in the UK) it pushes the temp up a degree or two.

It may also input into the auto headlights but not sure on this.