what paint ?

stripy

i'm just getting my 90 preped for a new paint job, i use my 90 offroad alot, so there is not a stright panel on it :rolleyes:

i need a tuff paint that wont fall of at the first bush i drive though or peal of when power washed, so what paint shall i use & any addatives, i'm a newby at this spraying lark :huh:

Go for 2 pack mate , And get it while you can , they are doing away with it for water based paints soon if not already .

If you get a decent make it will last you for years , thats if you get it keyed in properly before painting , And make sure you have an air fed spraying mask if you are spraying it or you might wake up dead. Its deadly posionus if breathed in .

You can stick it on with a roller but you have to be quick , it goes off in minites.

When I was on safari a couple of years ago I saw some funky paint on the land rovers they used. It was a bit like the stuff you use on loadbeds but much smoother. The vehicles were used off the tracks a lot and regularly went through thick thorns etc and it simply didn't scratch and, as a result, the vehicles stayed very smart. I wish I'd asked what it actually was as it would work a treat on mine.

do you need any hardner or activator with 2 pack & will any type of etch primer be ok .

Yes you will need activator/hardner and a good quality thinners ,

Not sure if any type of etch primer will do , so get a 2 pack etch primer if you use 2 pack topcoat.

Whem I get round to doing all the jobs on mine I'll be giving it a lick of paint. I'm going for polyeurathane transport paint. Only downside is that the paint 'dies' after a couple of yrs. Good side is it's only about £11 a litre. Went to Hickley Valtone in Taunton to look at the colour charts. You choose the colour and they mix it on the spot for you.

Hope that helps

if you want a realy tough paint finish, try industrial floor paint, its usually a 2-pack epoxy, and some of it is tough enough to drive forklifts over...

it wont be a glass smooth finish, as many are textured, but if functional is what you are after, it stops here.

it's available in a few funky colours aswell....

whereabouts in essex are you? if you are near southend, try Movac on stock road ind estate... they are car paint people but also do industrial paint finishes...